It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

queenmo HB User
Exclamation Can I get pregnant from dry sperm?

At the early hours of July 5th,2010, My bf and I where fooling around and I gave him a hand job. Seamen got on both of our hands and about 10-15 mins later he fingered me and his penis was almost inside me. We stop before he actually went inside maybe not over a half a inch. He said he was dry before he almost went inside me. I should be on my period very soon but I am irregular so it can be hard to tell. My "cherry"hasn't been "popped". We have both done some research but we haven't seen anything that spoke to our situation. I know we shouldn't have put ourselves in this position to begin with but now I am asking for help. How high is the possibility of me getting pregnant? And what options to I have at an early stage?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
(female)

aguirre HB User
Re: Can I get pregnant from dry sperm?

no you can not sperm only last a couple of seconds once it touches air or instantly dies you're irregular probably because you haven't been having sex for a long time your body isn't used to it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Sperm lasts way more than a few seconds after it hits the air, lol. Otherwise men wouldn't be able to make sperm donations, or have their samples checked for viability. They last for quite a while actually, but once the semen is completely dry, all the sperm would be dead, but that takes a while - definitely more than a couple of seconds.

As for the risk you took with your boyfriend, there is actually a risk because while the outside of his penis might have been completely dry, his urethra could still have had viable semen in it, which could have be released once he entered you, even if it was just half an inch.

I would consider getting the morning after pill.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
(female)

queenmo HB User
Question Re: Can I get pregnant from dry sperm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby View Post
Sperm lasts way more than a few seconds after it hits the air, lol. Otherwise men wouldn't be able to make sperm donations, or have their samples checked for viability. They last for quite a while actually, but once the semen is completely dry, all the sperm would be dead, but that takes a while - definitely more than a couple of seconds.

As for the risk you took with your boyfriend, there is actually a risk because while the outside of his penis might have been completely dry, his urethra could still have had viable semen in it, which could have be released once he entered you, even if it was just half an inch.

I would consider getting the morning after pill.
Thank you for your reply. We looked for the pill but couldn't find any, is there a recommended. Is there anything else that can be done at this point?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I think you actually have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter. It's not like it's just sitting out there by the nasal spray and cough medicine.

Closed Thread