It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #1

Katbabe1987 HB User
important question... need help

Hey everybody...OK, I've got a question. Recently, well last Thursday, I had sex with a guy named J (fake name) and he came inside of me but he had a condom on. About a month before I had sex with J, I had sex with a different guy. I thought I could be pregnant from the different guy because I wasn't feel any symptoms that my period was going to start...no cramps no tender boobs..nothing...except bloating but I thought bloating could occur if you were pregnant. Anyway, the day after having sex with J, I got my period and I had a couple bad cramps that day and I guess my boobs hurt a little bit. I know it's not possible to be pregnant and get your period, but I do know it's possible to bleed from the vagina while you're pregnant which is said to be abnormal and rare. The reason I'm asking if pregnancy is still a possibility is because my period was pretty light except for some days and didnt last as long as they usually last for me. I also have mono and had mono all through my period..and still have mono... so could that have caused my cycle to change because of the tiredness and weakness you feel from mono? I hope you all don't think I stress too much, I'm just curious because I've been looking online and it said that you can have vaginal bleeding while pregnant..but not a period while you are...well anyways, what do you all think? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2002, 04:44 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: important question... need help

Isn't Mono considered to be contageous through sexual intercourse? I had it in my younger days and I remember the doctor saying that. And there are women who have their periods throughout some of their pregnancy - of course it doesn't mean they are ovulating (I don't think), but it does come when their periods would have. And then there are women who bleed, not a period, but spotting occasionally. It could be that your body is stressed trying to beat this Mono (which I remember being totally miserable). There are other members of this board who can probably give you better answers than me. Good luck.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #3

Katbabe1987 HB User

Thanks for the response..my mom is a nurse and the doctor she works for whom my family is very close to said the only way you can catch mono is by "swapping spit" or drinking after someone else. So I don't think that you could get it through sexual intercourse...mono is called the "kissing disease" because you get it through someone else's saliva so you could also get it from drinking after someone else because their spit is on the straw and in the drink. I'm not going to worry about taking a pregnancy test unless my next period is late because we used a condom each time and only one of the guys even came...and the condoms didn't rip that I know of and if the condom didn't rip then there is absolutely no chance of me being pregnant...I guess I just worry sometimes...I let my mind get carried away...but anymore responses would still be appreciated...thanks a lot!

Old 02-21-2002, 05:48 PM   #4

Katbabe1987 HB User

Oh and Molly H. thanks a lot for responding I appreciate it and I wasn't trying to be a smart*** in my last comment...I was just mentioning what my mom had told me..thanks again and God Bless u

Closed Thread