It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2002, 11:34 AM   #31

Molly M HB User
Re: Possible pregnancy? Please read.

Katebabe, you really really need to get a test done. You are starting to panic over issues that are not real yet. I know it's easy to do. But relax and breathe.

This might be a touchy issue for you, but I'm wondering why you are opposed to giving the baby up for adoption. I was adopted at birth, and I was raised in a very loving family with two parents who deeply cared for me as if I was their own. Well, I was. It might seem like a horrible thing to do, but if you can't give the baby the life it deserves, with a family who loves it (I'm not saying you, but your surrounding family), then just know that there are numerous couples out there dying to adopt babies - people who can't have babies on their own who will do anything to have a baby. And you can have a say about who you want to adopt your baby too. And there are open adoptions now where you can see how your baby is growing etc. That's a whole other story. What I'm trying to say is don't give up any of your options if you are indeed pregnant. Giving up a baby for the baby's sake is the most selfless act someone can do. It is also much more tolerated in society nowdays. When I was born it was really quite secretive.

I'm so sorry it will be so hard to go to your parents. I'm sure even if they act like you've betrayed them, which many parents will do, they will still love you. It might take a lot of time for them to come around, but it's not an easy issue for anyone. Give them time. And if there's anyone else who you are close to, like your sister, or an aunt or someone, go to them for help too.

As for the 18 year old guy you slept with who might be the father, I don't know what will happen. He knew what he was doing having sex with you, and unless he's totally out there, he knows that having sex with a minor is against the law and could get jail time. The only thing is, did he know you were a minor? Did you tell him, or did you lie to him about your age? That might make a bit of difference in a court of law, but I don't know. That's something I don't know anything about.

Oh, Katebabe, I wish there was someone who could help you right now. Please go get a test right away. It will give you an answer at least.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2002, 09:12 AM   #32

Katbabe1987 HB User

I wanna go by a test but I have NO $$...the guy that I had sex with not last but the time before, the 18 year old was like damn you look a lot thicker...is that bad or does sex really make your hips bigger? And I don't think he'd support me cause I was like what if you happened to be the dad just to see what his reaction would be in case I am, and he's like I wouldn't be cause first off I didn't nut and all this bullsh*t and that makes things worse becuse if guys are sayin I am starting to look thicker in my hips than that's scary...I don't have anybody I can talk to (sisters, etc.) I'll try and borrow some money from one of my friends soo I can get it over and done with. Thanks for your all's help though and write back if you'd like!

Old 03-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #33

Katbabe1987 HB User

And no the 18 year old knew my age...but I mean it's not that bad I wish age didn't matter ya know..I know I've made a lot of mistakes I just wish I could change them..

Old 03-02-2002, 09:14 AM   #34

Katbabe1987 HB User

And no the 18 year old knew my age...but I mean it's not that bad I wish age didn't matter ya know..I know I've made a lot of mistakes I just wish I could change them..

Old 03-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #35
Inactive

Nicksmom HB User

Kat,
If you don't have the money, get your phone book out and look under birth choices, or clinics. There are alot of places that will do free pregnancy testing. I believe plan parenthood does it free too.

Old 03-02-2002, 12:09 PM   #36

Starlet HB User

Girl I will mail you a test. Give me your address. I will mail you one just to get this stress level down.

Old 03-03-2002, 05:31 AM   #37

Purrbaby HB User

Kat just take the test then worry later. And the guy doesn't have to be there physicaly or emotionally but by law if he is the dad he HAS to be there financially. There are ways to prove he is the dad for free through the court(my dad had to do it so he could visit my sister) and they are VERY strict on deadbeat dads these days. They will garnish his wages and the only way he can get around it is to get paid under the table or not work. But really, just take the test and worry later.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-04-2002, 04:10 PM   #38

AngeliqueM HB User

I can totally relate to you with the mixed child, well in a way anyway, my parents sound a lot like yours. They even told me that if I even dated a black guy I'd be kicked out of the family- we have a huge Italian family, well I didn't think about that, you can't help who you fall in love with, plus he treated me better then any white man. lol he's not all black, he's mixed, and if you think about it, everyone is mixed with something. he is puerto Rican, black, white and German.

When I broke the news, I was very scared, my mom has taken it the hardest, and shes not even Italian, my dad was my biggest fear and I couldn't even tell him face to face, I knew not to be in the same zip code when I told him, lol but actually he took it the best! I never thought in a million years that I'd ever be with someone out of my race, but I couldn't be happier that I did.
Your parents might be upset at first, but then after a while, they will be out buying baby clothes and everything else, in which my mom has already done. It was rough at first, but in time things will get better.

As far as test goes, either go to your doctor because they are more accurate, or buy a home test, but remember you get what you pay for, if you can, check out the Health department, they give free Preg. tests, at least they do in Michigan, but it can't hurt to check it out!
Good luck and keep us posted!
~ANgie

Old 03-05-2002, 08:37 PM   #39

Katbabe1987 HB User

Hey guys!! Guess what...today I took a home pregnancy test (e.p.t one) and it came out negative! But the thing is I just have one question...why do I have all these symptoms?? I know I'm not imagining them...and also, should I have waited until I missed my next period? Or was it okay to take it now? Cause see I got my period, but it was only 3 days long and really light. My friend says I shouldn't worry about it now, but if I don't start my next period within two weeks or so I should take another one cause I probably am pregnant. But don't you think if I was 7-8 weeks pregnant the test would've caught the hCG in my urine? Well I'm not sure what to think, the only thing that sucks is after the 18 year old, I had sex with two more people...well I guess I'll know if I'm pregnant or not for sure by any of them in 2 weeks or so!! Write back though!! I'm relieved now!!

Old 03-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #40

AngeliqueM HB User

I'm glad to hear you took a test! But....

I too had taken EPT tests, because I thought they were a good brand, and I'm not saying they're not, I had taken an EPT, after I had found out I was about 10 weeks pregnant and it came up negitive still, so just to be safe go to your health department or the doctors office just to be sure. I don't trust Home pregnancy tests anymore lol

Good luck!

Old 03-05-2002, 09:32 PM   #41

Katbabe1987 HB User

Oh that sucks.....what should I do? I don't have any way to get to a health center...I can't tell my sisters or anybody...but had you missed a period or what? Can you tell me more bout what your situation was angelique?

Old 03-05-2002, 10:25 PM   #42

Molly M HB User

Katebabe, the best thing to do in order to find out if you are pregnant is to figure out when you had sex last. If you take the test 3-4 weeks later then you should get a reliable result. Home pregnancy tests are very accurate when done CORRECTLY! I ALWAYS used the pee in the cup method so I could go slowly and do it right. It's not hard, by the way, but it does have to be done by the directions. If it was longer than 4 weeks ago that you had sex last, then I would consider your negative result accurate. But it sounds like you still need to get checked for other things. I think Mono could definately affect your periods, so maybe that is why you had such a light one. Mono could also be the cause of your nausea and other things. I hope all turns out well for you. Let us know when you find out for sure.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 03-06-2002, 01:12 AM   #43

Purrbaby HB User

I was 4 or 5 weeks preg. when I found out. I have always taken Fact Plus b/c they make one that you collect the urine in a cup and then use a dropper and put the right amount onto the test. I have done this test at night and I wasn't real preg. So I know HPT work..you just have to be careful. I used an EPT test too this time(the first time) and it came up neg. I went back to the Fact Plus one a week later and got a positive result. I agree with Molly go to the doc and find out what's wrong.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread