It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 08:27 PM   #1

punkified_chick HB User
Exclamation i have questions..i need some answers!

hi i'm 17 and my boyfriend and i are not ready to have a child. we use condums everytime except the time when i end my period (between 7 to 14 after it) since it's one the most safest times to have sex and we had sex the day it ended on jan 25. i thought i was done and everything but after we had sex i had a little bit of blood coming out still but it ended a half an hour later. i haven't had my period since jan 25 and i took a test march 7 and it came out negitive. was it the right time to take it? or do i have to wait longer to get the true results? i'm planning to take another one this monday. i hope i'm okay. i have shipped periods before but that was before i started having sex....

Old 03-13-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
(female)

maglib HB User
What do you mean between 7 to 14 after it? Do you mean you don't use condoms for the time after your period? This would be the most fertile time. Also, you can get pregnant at any time in your cycle even when you are having your period so always use b/c. Condoms are also a method to save you from STD's and should always be worn.

You often will have a change in your cycle after becoming sexually active. Also being worried will make your cycle off.

I would wait a week and take another test and use first morning urine as it has the highest Hcg levels. If you want to be certain see a doctor and have a blood test done.

I hope you are safe and can use this as a life lesson. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 08:47 PM   #3

PixieDust HB User
you are most fertile the 14th day of your cycle if its 28 days long!! (and thats 14 days starting with the first day of your period)

Old 03-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #4

punkified_chick HB User
yep 7 to 14 days after your period is the safest time becuase of the color of the mucus..my friend's mom is a maternity nurse and she said that was okay becuase me and my b/f had sex like two hours after i ended nad i was freaking out because i thought i was pregnant but it turned out i wasn't. i do see how my cyles are going to change because my hormones are changing and i have been stressed out about a lot of things lately, my diet has changed i'm hardy eatting. so that could play a major role in why my period isn't coming yet. i'll take a test on mon. or wait another week.

Old 03-14-2003, 02:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Oh, heavens...why do you come on here asking for advice and then don't even listen? Maglib and Pixiedust informed you correctly!!!!

Please listen to us: you can get PG any time during your cycle!!!!!

The days you mention are THE MOST FERTILE!!!! Cervical mucous is slippery and thick at your most fertile time!!!!

To my other fellow posters: sorry for this show of impatience, but this has been going on a lot lately, and I just wish these kids would LISTEN to us!!

Old 03-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #6
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Actually sperm's viability in the uterus, fallopian tubes or wherever else is actually only a range from 18 hours to 5 days depending on their health. Either way, these woman are right about getting pregnant during the timein which you say is the LEAST opprotune time. The woman you got this info from is wrong or you misunderstood. You can get pregnant on your period too, though it is rare. Get it together Punkified. You can't be this naive. And condoms are not fool proof as you already know so why are you only leaving it up to the guy?

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 03-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #7

punkified_chick HB User
i appreciate all the advice you all are giving me and it is very helpful to know and i thank you and i do agree, kids nowadays are not completely informed about everything that goes along with having sex. we just know the basics and not all the details. i just recently found out about checking my mucus like two months ago. they never taught us that in school. they teach us about stds and aids. i don't have to worry about those because my boyfriend and i are clean. we haven't touched anyone else besides oursleves. i'm not going to be immature and blow up at all of you like many other girls who post here do just becuase you said something that doesn't fly with them. i know you are just giving the best advice possible and you all have experience in this so i'm just going to face the music and take this as lesson to be learned. if i am pregnant, my family and my boyfriend will stick by my side until the little bundle of joy comes out. if i'm not pregnant, i'm going to tell my mom to put me on the pill and my boyfriend will continue to use condums and have me on the pill so we can be really safe.

Old 03-14-2003, 11:31 AM   #8

familyfull HB User
Get on the PILL!!!!

I see that you have already said that you're looking into it if you are not pregnant.

I agree that parents should be proactive on this subject. However, if neither is comfortable in discussing this topic, Why don't you and your boyfriend go to a Planned Parenthood center and meet with someone can educate you both? Do you have this type of resource where you live?

I am not even touching on the STD subject; it's clear to me that you are not open to receiving the gravity of this subject. Good Luck.

Old 03-14-2003, 10:43 PM   #9

PixieDust HB User
i dont remember learning ANYTHING about sex.. from either school or my parents!! i learned about.. uhmm... oral, from my older sister.. and the rest.. i have no idea how i learned it! i am still learning!! i learned a lot from my boyfriend actually! who is younger than me even!! lol!

Closed Thread