It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

rbes31 HB User
My girlfriend has period symptoms...but no bleeding.

Before I begin, I would like to say that my girlfriend is on the pill and I almost always use protection...there may be a few time when I don't, but when I don't, I pull out....From what I have read, pulling out is not a completely secure method, which is making me worry now. She also told me that she is not always on schedule with her pills...she can take her pill anywhere from 10pm to 12am every night.

My girlfriend told me a few days ago that she was having the usual symptoms her period but she had no bleeding. I worried a little bit then but told myself not to jump to conclusions because it could be any number of things. She also told me she was almost certain that she couldn't be pregnant because this had happened before. She told me that she has been irregular on her period since she started using the pill (she started the pill around december of 2009.) She just told me about an hour ago that she still wasn't bleeding and all of the period symptoms are gone...But she told me that this has happened before where she would have her period without bleeding and the symptoms would go away...and then she would have bleeding for the last 1 or 2 days.

Lastly, she also told me that she does not keep very good track of what day she should have her period...but she said shes had all the symptoms besides bleeding so far.

I was wondering if this could mean she is pregnant? Honestly, I wouldn't mind if she was under normal circumstances but it makes me worry because I am currently attending college and having a child right now would make me wonder whether I should continue going to college or drop out and get a job for the baby... I wouldn't mind having a baby some day but it's just not a good idea right now.

We do plan to get some Pregnancy tests this weekend because the weekends are the only time we get to see each other because I am going to school and living on campus.

What worries me more than any thing is not knowing....I just want to know either way. Is it possible she may be pregnant? If you need any more information, or you have a possible answer, please let me know. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and maybe even answer. I really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
(male)

rbes31 HB User
Re: My girlfriend has period symptoms...but no bleeding.

Just figured I'd post here to let anyone who viewed this topic know that she took a pregnancy test and it was negative. She took the second one first thing in the morning too just to be sure. They were both negative.

I've been making sure that she takes her pills at exactly 11:00 PM every night and we are only going to have intercourse if I have protection too...the test may have been negative but this whole incident has shown me how ready I really am for a child...which is not ready at all.

Even though no one posted any thing, thanks for at least reading my post.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: My girlfriend has period symptoms...but no bleeding.

hi rbes31,

Sorry you didn't get any answers before. I thought I'd still pipe up now though to point out that an hour or two early or late taking the pill won't make a difference and shouldn't be anything for you to stress over. It's when you're a whole day or 2 or 3 that you have to start taking other precautions.

If she gets pregnant with the precautions you're taking, it'll be some kind of freak one-in-a-millions scenario.

Definitely stick with the condom use though, because it's the only method you can prevent becoming a father that you yourself are responsible for. Good luck.

Closed Thread