It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

adviceasap HB User
can you get pregnant on the first day of your period ?

hi everyone.

I got my period yesterday. I didn't tell my boyfriend because I didn't really want to do anything. I had a tampon in and we were doing stuff. He ejaculated on me but NOT inside me because obviously i had a tampon in. i think i wiped some of it off. but i'm not even sure if he really came on me because we pulled away from each other. i then went home and soaked in hot water. it was about 40 minutes after he had came (or i think he came) is it better that it's on the first day of my period ? Plus i am on birth control but i missed one day about 2 weeks ago.

so the positives well not really positives but yeah:
i don't know if he came on me but it WAS NOT inside me.
i'm on birth control but i'm not sure if it's effective since i missed one day.
and i'm on my period.

what do you think the chances are of me getting pregnant ?
i've been so scared.
am i just freaking out too much ?

Please i really need someone to respond...
I need exact answers something i can be sure is correct.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: can you get pregnant on the first day of your period ?

Based on everything you said, there's no chance at all that you would get pregnant. You actually have to have sex to get pregnant, which you did not do and plus you're on birth control. Missing 1 pill out of a pack doesn't do anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I agree with Kszan completely, based on your account about the whole thing.

During menstruation, your body is sloughing off the lining of your uterus, which has not been used for implantation by a fertilized egg. That would have been you last months period, not even this one. You are not pregnant. I do understand your concerns though, and good for you to be on birth control and being so careful. I would go one step further though, and have him use a condom as well. Condoms make STD's less likely, as well as protect you from pregnancy. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

adviceasap HB User

Thanks so much this really helps. I read sperm can live up to five days and I'm currently on the third day of my period and i have two more days left. Plus if getting pregnant on your period is unlikely it would be even lower because he never ejaculated inside me, correct? I'm only fifteen I can't get pregnant.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

You are not pregnant sweety, I promise. At this point it is impossible. Please do everything you can to avoid pregnancy for many years to come. Have you ever considered one of those three year implants? My son's girlfriend just got one, and we all feel very good about it. In our case though we are very open about the young folks sexual life, and as parents we want to do what it the safest and most reliable for them. Do you have a relationship with your mother where you can discuss these things with her? If not it is time to start thinking about talking to you mom...I hope you can do that too.

Janet

Old 07-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
(female)

adviceasap HB User

Oh you've relaxed me so much ! Anxiety disorder & thinking your pregnant don't go along very well ! My mother & I have a semi-strong connection. I'm on birth control and I take it everyday but this is the first time I've forgotten. My boyfriend & I don't have sex. After this we both decided we weren't mature enough to handle a baby so we weren't mature enough to have sex. I was sexually assaulted last month so getting close to people has been hard. My mother knows. & things just haven't been fantastic. I feel like I've met the devil and I'm still a teenager

Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience! It breaks my heart to think of a beautiful young woman to have been assaulted that way...I encourage you to take your time to recover, and even consider talking to a counselor if you can. Always remember it is not your fault, and you did not deserve such a thing to happen to you.

I am pleased to hear you are relieved of your fear about the pregnancy scare. Most women have one or two of them in their life, but as you can see, they are very anxious and nerve wracking. The decision you and your boyfriend made to wait is a very good one. It is much better to be sure your life will not be torn apart by unplanned pregnancy. I give you both lots of credit for making that decision together. Life at 15 is much more fun without dabbling in adult responsibilities. They will be here too soon for you.

I really hope you can get some counseling for someone trained at handling your type of trauma...can you discuss that with your mom? This is something better not pushed under the rug and forgotten...I wish you well.

Janet

Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
(female)

adviceasap HB User

Well I have a therapist & I just said he took advantage of me... and I think she understood because she said do you want to talk about it? and then I looked at her & she's like oh got it... My mom said she knew it would happen because I made the choice to go hang out with him. But it was a friend.. and I don't have many...& I don't know he just thought friends do this.. but I said no. and he didn't quite get it..

To be honest- I still think of it from time to time. but I'm basically over it. I wasn't hurt on the outside badly. One cut was all. But emotionally I was heartbroken. But you know what ? Life goes on. & there's worse things then that.

Thanks for the advice though.
and it's my second pregnancy scare. But this one freaked me out way worse !

Old 07-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Well your decision to hold off on the sexual activities will give you 100% peace of mind, and you will have no reason to ever get so scared again. When you are ready to begin your sexual life down the road, you can make sure you are protected well before you ever get started. If these two scares were enough to teach you this important lesson without having to go through an actual pregnancy, it has been worth it. You are now way to smart to allow yourself to go through any thing like this again. I wish you well.

Closed Thread