It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

esther53 HB User
Someone tell me I'm crazy.

Here's my issue:

My biggest fear at this juncture in my life is pregnancy, so much so that I have never had sex and my boyfriend and I have decided to put it off. Needless to say, I am not on any type of birth control at the moment. Although we don't have sex, we fool around but never without clothes on. We are always very aware of fluids and never put our pelvises near one another's if he has ejaculated (even though we always have at least 3 layers of clothing between us). The last time we were intimate was the only time I had any direct contact with his semen and we both immediately washed our hands and went no further afterwards. Though I feel logically that there's no way any of this could result in that minimal chance of pregnancy, I am absolutely petrified.

I am supposed to start my period today. It's usually pretty erratic and ranges from starting the 14th to the 17th of each month (today's the 17th). My PMS symptoms have been slightly different this time, however, and I'm more than paranoid. I'm cramping off and on but not as much as usual, and they feel much different. My breasts have been sore since about 3 days after we were last intimate (but that's pretty usual). My nipples are not sensitive but my areolas have darkened slightly and that never happens and my breasts feel very heavy. I'm very bloated and feel as though I have gained weight around my waistline (but I have been very inactive the last few weeks). I have read so much information in the last few days, trying to decide whether or not I should worry. I feel more like I am being paranoid and am just super anxious and emotional because of PMS. But, the few differences I have experienced just have me on edge.

If anyone has any advice or would just like to tell me I'm being ignorant and foolish, feel free!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-18-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Please be sure to post on the correct board, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User
Re: Someone tell me I'm crazy.

I don't think you are being ignorant at all. In fact, I think you sound incredibly intelligent and mature for someone your age.

It sounds like you are making all of the right decisions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. From what you've described, it doesn't sound possible at all that you could be pregnant. However, only a home pregnancy kit can confirm this.

You sound like a very smart individual, and it does indeed sound like you are getting wrapped up in some of the ambiguous early pregnancy symptoms. Remember that many symptoms of PMS are similar to those of early pregnancy, and that each menstrual cycle can differ. I am in my late twenties and am still discovering new symptoms of my menstrual cycles. Hormones are forever fluctuating, and affecting our bodies in many different ways.

All in all, I think it sounds like you are NOT pregnant, and I think you have been doing the right thing to avoid a pregnancy with your bf. Perhaps you should consider purchasing some birth control in case you want to take it to the next step?

Best of luck to you, and have a good day,
Kitten

The Following User Says Thank You to kittenkaboodle For This Useful Post:
esther53 (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
(female)

bml89 HB User
Re: Someone tell me I'm crazy.

You are being paranoid. As a mother of two kids, I know that pregnancy does not happen this way. Sperm does not live very long outside of the human body and unless your boyfriend or you had sperm on your hands and inserted them inside you, you cant get pregnant and even that wasy is unlikely. You probably think you have all these symptoms because you are paranoid. It can make you feel you are experiencing all these things when you are really not. As far as sex goes, I do not know your age and it is not up to me to tell you if you are ready of or not but if you are wanting to or even thinking about it you need to get on birth control. Before my husband and I wanted kids, I made him wear a condom and I also made him pull out before ejaculation even if he had the condem on. This was, if the condom malfunctions, his semen would not be leaked out inside me. You could try that, or if you get on the pill, have your boyfriend wear a condom as well. It is almost impossible for you to be pregnant. I have had sex many times without any protection other than the pullout method and my husband has even ejaculated very close to my vagina and still nothing. Also, if you were pregnant, it takes awhile for you to notice any symptoms of a pregnancy such as darkening areolas. Hope this helps and please, practice safe sex so you do not have to experience this again.

Closed Thread