It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #1

CedeBay HB User
Unhappy Help could I be pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to know!!!!111

I had sex with my boyfriend on oct.7.2003
and since im so young the stress is really freaking me out!!!!!!!!!!! Im crying every night and on thursday oct.9.2003 I took an emergancy contraception pill. and I got so freaked out that I took 8 birth control pills like 6-7 hrs. after i took the emergancy contraception pill. The pill was supp. to give me my period in about 3 days and it said that that could vary,I could have my period early,on time, or late. so I took * more pills like 2 days after then I freaked agian and just 2 days ago on tuesday the 14th of october 2003 I took 12 birth control pills and Im so worried out I dont know what to do.

so I took a home P.test today on 16th of oct. and it said negative. My expected period is not untill the 30th of Oct. But i took the test just 10 days after I had Un-protected sex..............Could I be pregnant.......
pleases help im to young to be a mother I have not even passed the 9th grade yet!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by CedeBay (edited 10-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2003, 06:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
Cede!!! First and foremost you must calm down and STOP taking any more birth control pills!! You took emergency contraception within the recommended time frame and all you have proceeded to do since then is absolutely OVERLOAD your poor body with tons of hormones!! NOW DON'T TAKE ANY MORE PILLS, Y'HEAR?? They are not accomplishing anything!!! And what kind of birth control pills have you been taking? You do know, don't you, that only certain brands of pill can be effectively used as emergency contraception!

Now, it's time to stop crying every night and just wait patiently for your period. As many of those darned pills as you've taken, I'd be surprised if you get your period when you're supposed to! And yes, emergency contraception causes some women to start early. For others, it can delay it considerably. (As it did when I took it several years ago.)

------------------
Daisy
#1 on the way!
EDD 4/21/04
------------------------
Children are a gift from God. They are a reward from Him.-Psalm 127:3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2003, 06:23 PM   #3

CedeBay HB User
I have been taken Ortho-Tri cyclen
And I have tears in my eyes im really scared

Old 10-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
Ok. I know you're really scared. Learn from this, ok? I KNOW you don't ever want to go through this again!

You cut your risk of conceiving CONSIDERABLY when you took the emergency contraception. You did the responsible thing. Feel good about that.

Now, are you ON birth control? I just wonder since you had the Ortho handy. If you are on the pill, and take it every day, then frankly I believe you're freaking out for no good reason. Also, when was the first day of your last period? If you have a normal 28-day cycle, you usually (not ALWAYS, but usually) don't ovulate until on or around day 14. Do you think you were ovulating when you had sex?

------------------
Daisy
#1 on the way!
EDD 4/21/04
------------------------

Old 10-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #5

CedeBay HB User
I know mrs but see i the pill instructions said take the 1st pill now and the next 12hrs later i took the pill at 2 and i woke up to take the pill at 2am but i took the 2nd one at 2:15am thats whats stressing me

Old 10-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
Oh honey...they tell you take the second dose EXACTLY 12 hours later, but honest-to-goodness that 15 minutes isn't going to affect a thing. I had that same concern before, too. I took the first dose at 6 pm, but didn't wake up for the second dose until 7! My doctor informed me that it was o.k., the extra hour shouldn't have any bearing on the effectiveness of the entire dose, and additionally...now get this...research has NOT proven that the second dose is actually necessary. Now, of course I am not implying that the second dose should EVER be skipped, but this is the information I was given by a medical doctor.

Now can you stop stressing a little? Please?

------------------
Daisy
#1 on the way!
EDD 4/21/04
------------------------

Old 10-16-2003, 07:14 PM   #7

CedeBay HB User
Talking

Thank you thank you thank you thank you
I feel a lot better so could youtell me is the p.test correct even though its only been 10 days

trust me my mind is at ease right now i feel alot better like 75% better
and i thank you so much miss i dont know who you are but im only 14 and you just made a big influ. on my life and im proud to say NO MORE SEX thanx

Old 10-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
Inactive

lil squirt HB User
When you are on birth control pills, they stop you from ovulating. BCP is 99% effective. If you were taking them properly before you had sex, then took an emergency pill, you should be fine.

Taking all these extra pills is NOT going to help. Don't be suprised if you don't get your period when you are supposed to. It's probobly going to take a while to get all those pills out of your system.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:32 PM   #9

CedeBay HB User
I took the birth Control pills after the emrgency contraceptive
I was never on birth control pills any time in life before that

Old 10-16-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
Typically, a test detects a pregnancy AFTER you miss a period (some claim to be accurate 2-4 days BEFORE you miss a period.) In your case, it would have been WAY too early for a test to confirm a pregnancy. But please don't let that get you to worrying again. I truly think you're going to be just fine.

------------------
Daisy
#1 on the way!
EDD 4/21/04
------------------------

Old 10-16-2003, 07:39 PM   #11

CedeBay HB User
Thanx MISS you are a life saver and by that bible verse you have i could think you were a christian AND IF YOU ARE i thank you so much i have come so short to Gods blessings and you have showed me he still cares alot about me.
thanks

Old 10-16-2003, 07:56 PM   #12

CedeBay HB User
Unhappy

But My sister told me the pill should be taken exactly at the 12t hr. Im lost and does the 28 birth control pills i took within 4 days equal up to a morning after pil? or at least the 1st 8 i took at once the 3rd day after unprotected sex do they equal up to a mornig after pill?????????

DR.'s words or experinced adults needed please help
Im not stressed just really lost.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:04 PM   #13
Veteran

strand3d HB User
EC is more than 85% effective if taken within the first 72 hours of unprotected sex. EC can also delay your period, and throw your body out of whack because of all the hormones, so if your period is late, don't panic and assume you're pregnancy because that might not be the case at all. I highly doubt you're pregnant to try and relax.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:49 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Greenoctopus18 HB User
Did you feel extremely nauseous after taking so many pills? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif
I can't find Ortho-tri-Cyclen listed anywhere for use as emergency contraception - however, other tri-phasic pills say that only 7 of the 28 days worth of pills can be used for this purpose.
Even low-dose pill don't require you to take that many pills.
I wouldn't worry about the extra pills being effective or not. The morning-after pill is at least 80% effective and I am almost sure that the 15 minutes would not have made any difference at all.
Try not to worry (I know it is hard). Is your boyfriend there to support you?
You will have to wait until when your period is supposed to arrive to take a pregnancy test.
When I had the morning after pill I was also told to take the pregnancy test even if I do get a period, just to be sure.
Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Greenoctopus18 (edited 10-17-2003).]

Old 10-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #15
Veteran

momof3mjt HB User
I couldn't tell you if you are pregnant or not. Chances are if the test was negative, you aren't. But I have to say, you NEED to talk to someone about this.

If you took all those pills, you obviously are too young to be dealing with an issue like sex, and I would seriously consider waiting until you are older to try it again!

I would hope if my daughter was that stressed that she would consider taking ANY meds to "fix" it, she would be able to come to me and talk about it. I hope you can find the strength to do the same. If not with your mom, another trusted ADULT in your life.

Closed Thread