It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
(female)

Ellz HB User
Exclamation Am i just being stupid

I posted something earlyer but dont know if i did it right so this is a re post.
Around 4 Months ago i had protected sex, nothing seemed wrong, the comdom didnt have any tears/rips before and after.Since that i havent had sex again! a week after intercourse my period was on time and normal and so was the months after. then Last month (august) i came on my period a week late,(10th) that also was a normal period. Then now (september) i am yet again a week late. should i be worried ? could this be connected to like 4 months ago? i am not on any type of birth control or anything. Im sorry if this sounds silly but im just a little worried. i am having all my normal signs to start my period and feel how i normally do before my period.
But over the past 4 weeks i have been getting this pain on my right side where my ovieres would be. the pain goes form just a constant pain to sharp. this pain is on and off.
any replys would be appreciated.! thanks

Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Am i just being stupid

Hi there Ellz, and welcome...So sorry your first attempt at posting did not work out properly, but you have my undivided attention now.

The first question...Am I being stupid? NO, not at all. The only stupid question is the one that you did not ask. When you have concerns about your body, reaching out for a little help is a very good thing, especially when you have lots of women here happy to help.

No, you are not pregnant. Many women do not have regular periods for many years after they start menstruation. That would probably be the norm actually, unless you are on the pill, which regulates your periods. There could be many reasons for your periods being off, hormonal adjustments, stress, or anxiety over not starting on time...

If the pain you are describing is connected to any further pain or you think they could be connected, it would be time to see the doctor. For now though, I would sit tight, relax and have your period show up on its own. Keep track of your periods for several months, and if you see it is not returning to a regular cycle, then see your doc. If you find this to just be a glitch in your cycle,so be it and move on. You did not mention your age, but as long as you stay inactive sexually, (always the best bet), you will be safe.

So, in a nutshell, you do not have anything to worry about. Often times the simple knowledge that you had sex can throw you off. We are all differently affected by stress too. Learning to manage all that can take time and practice, which you are allowing yourself now. Good job!

Feel free to repost if you have any unanswered questions.There is always someone here to listen and hopefully help you out.

janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
Ellz (09-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
(female)

Ellz HB User

Thank you very much!
I am 16 years old and i have been having periods since i was 13ish. its only that becuase i have had the sex i am now worrying about having a late period. i have had a few before but beaucse id done nothing i didnt worry.
And i spoke to my mom about the pain and she says she has it so i suppose its normal its just i cannot talk to her about the rest as she wouldnt like the fact i have done what i have.
also i get rather embarrased talking about things, im not a confidant person when it comes to talking about my probelems.
But thank you for replying means alot

Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I completely understand..Too bad it is a subject that many do not like to talk about, in fact when I started my period I had no idea it was going to happen, and my mother and I never spoke of it her entire life. Mine started the first day of school, and when i finally got home, I rushed in the bathroom scared to death and found this little kit, with a book and supplies in it. From then on, she stocked the cabinet with the supplies there, but gone after my period was over. I always wondered why my own mother never told me about this ever! Thank goodness times have changed, and now it even on TV! ( I could live without that).

I am glad you were able to tell your mother about the pain, now you can always tell her if it pops up again. Once you do begin having sex, it is more important to protect yourself than to lie to your mother or anyone about it. You can see how it affected you just this once.

Come here anytime you need a little boost. We all understand how hard it can be to talk about so many things, but here you are anonymous, so you can be free to talk about anything. We dont usually do not start out life with huge confidence, but we learn it along the way, by doing just what you are doing...asking for advice from others with more experience, and one day you will be where I am, sharing that same advice with another young person. That is part of the circle of life, and it is a beautiful thing.

My very best to you,
Janet

Closed Thread