It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

cats247 HB User
what's going on ??

So I'm almost done my first month if birth control. I started it on September 9th. I had unprotected sex all through the month, no condoms or pulling out, and later was told I needed to wait a month for it to actually work. I'm on my fourth day of sugar pill today. Yesterday I had spotting at night and today the same thing. Is that supposed to happen ? Or could I be pregnant ...?
Also maybe a week ago I had spotting discharge but it was brown ? Does that mean anything ? It happened for about a week. Please help ! I'm 17 in February and like to make it there with no baby bump ��

Last edited by cats247; 10-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
(male)

sam480 HB User
Re: what's going on ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats247 View Post
So I'm almost done my first month if birth control. I started it on September 9th. I had unprotected sex all through the month, no condoms or pulling out, and later was told I needed to wait a month for it to actually work. I'm on my fourth day of sugar pill today. Yesterday I had spotting a ntight and today the same thing. Is that supposed to happen ? Or could I be pregnant ...?
Also maybe a week ago I had spotting discharge but it was brown ? Does that mean anything ? It happened for about a week. Please help ! I'm 17 in February and like to make it there with no baby bump 😭
Hello,
What you did girl yes this is a sign of pregnancy. You just 17 now or might be 18. You should take opinion of doctor before itís too late...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Spotting is a sign of any hormonal change. The pill can, and often does cause it. As to being pregnant, the only reliable way to know is to take a pregnancy test if you are not satisfied that you have had your period. Good luck, Sera

Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

cats247 HB User

Do you think there's a chance that I am pregnant ? Should I take a test just to be safe ?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

Hi:
First, no form of birth control is 100%. (Only abstinence and surgery)So its best not to have sex until you're sure you can cope with a baby. I had 3 surprises, one of them on the pill. Birth control pills are 99.9% effective when used properly. When you start B.C. pills the first month, the doctor wants you to take it with another form of B.C. (such as condoms) because they want you to have enough of the medicine in your system, and that takes awhile. It also takes awhile for your body to regulate itself to B.C. pills so you may have break-through bleeding for a month or two. Meantime, you can get an over the counter test and do it twice, waiting a week in between each test since it can take a couple weeks to show up that you're pregnant.
If you are pregnant you will have a lot more to worry about than a baby bump.
Best wishes,
K.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats247 View Post
Do you think there's a chance that I am pregnant ? Should I take a test just to be safe ?
Did you finally get your full period? If not, take a test.

I'm only posting because in your first post you said that you heard you needed to be on the pill for a month before it starts working. That's not true. As long as you take it properly, and started at the right time, it starts working in a few days. Some pill instructions say to give it a week so you are in the habit of taking it properly. No pill says it takes a month.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
(female)

cats247 HB User

I only had spotting and I got it the day I was supposed to , should I still be worried ?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
(female)

cats247 HB User

So if I was spotting instead of a normal period should I be worried ??

Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I think it is time you bought a pregnancy test. The spotting could mean anything. The only halfway reliable sign of pregnancy is a missed period. Take the test. Sera

Closed Thread

Tags
birth control, period, pregnant, sex, teen