HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy-Teen (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/)
-   -   Help, please... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/923542-help-please.html)

Catspajamas16 10-17-2012 11:05 PM

Help, please...

I'm so scared. I feel so alone. I don't know who to turn to about this, so I came here...
Here's my story.
I'm a freshman in college. My periods have always been very regular. I got my period the day I moved in, but it only lasted one day. I thought that was very odd, but figured it was just stress. (I have been dealing with a lot of family issues recently and moving into college is a stressful transition)

A few weeks after moving in, I got myself into a situation... I really liked this one guy and he had me convinced he liked me, too. We had hung out multiple times. One night, he asked me to come hang out in his room. No big deal. However, something seemed off. Not to get into detail, but we cuddled, made out a bit, and then I told him "I'm not going to be "that girl". I don't want to have sex with you. I'm not about that." Etc. He seemed annoyed, but obliged at first. Then as we continued making out he became very forceful and aggressive, even putting his hands around my neck. I told him to stop. I was scared. I should've just left, but I didn't want to make him even more mad (as dumb as that sounds). He put his penis inside of me, but only for a very short amount of time because I was freaking out and he wasn't wearing a condom or anything. I left after that. We didn't speak for a week, and I finally confronted him about it. He claims he was drunk and denies that we had sex.

Furious, I broke off all ties with this guy. About a week later, I recieved what I think might have been my period? It lasted about four days (which is normal for me) and seemed slightly lighter than my normal flow, but not by much. I thought it was odd that it wasn't on schedule, but assumed maybe my periods are just messed up from stress and being in a new environment. Now I am worried it might have been implantation bleeding? But can that last that long and be that heavy?

It has been about a month and a half since then, and I haven't gotten anything like a period since. I am panicking to the extreme. I feel like I've gained some weight, but I have definitely not been eating as healthily as I used to and should be. I've noticed in the last few days, I've been slightly warmer.

My mom has given EVERYTHING for me to follow my dreams, and I feel like a total mess up. I feel like I can't talk to her about this, despite how close we are, because I'm so terrified of disappointing her. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about the effect this could have on her. Also, if I am pregnant, I don't know how I would be able to carry out the pregnancy. I have two blood clotting disorders, which would require very expensive treatment throughout the pregnancy, my mom just lost her job, I have six siblings, and I have zero dollars to my name. In addition to that, I know she would want to press charges against him and I honestly don't want to ruin his life... I haven't said anything to the guy yet, because I know that he will continue to deny it and call me "crazy" just like he did before.

If anyone can give me any input, please... What are the probabilities of me ring pregnant? Am I just being paranoid? Is it that common for stress to throw off a period? I just need advice and comfort. I'm so scared. Please help me.

Catspajamas16 10-18-2012 06:11 AM

Re: Help, please...

I'm glad I can see that people have read this, yet no responses... Please, people, I'm desperate.

Seraph 10-18-2012 08:29 AM

I am sorry that you had this happen to you. The bleeding you describe is a period, not implantation bleeding, and I am sure that you are not pregnant and that you have had a period since the rape. You are understandably stressed to the max, and totally out of your cycle at the moment, since you started college. This will settle down. Get a pregnancy test and set your mind at rest. If there is a counselling service at your school, take advantage of it. It will be totally confidential and very helpful. Be strong. Sera

Thisby 10-18-2012 04:43 PM

Stress can definitely throw off your cycle. That on top of the fact that it sounds like you did have a normal period after the incident, would indicate that you are most likely not pregnant. You should probably take a test just to ease your worries - you don't need the stress.

I'm so sorry this happened to you (the guy should be punished!) but I think at least this part will work out okay.

Take care.

Catspajamas16 10-28-2012 12:16 PM

Thank you, guys. I decided to go home for a weekend and just spend some time with the family and get away from all of this chaos. Sure enough, I got my period that night. Must've been stress. Thank you so much for your help.