It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

carrotstick HB User
Birth Control - 7 Days or a Month to Prevent Pregnancy? Also- Sex Before Your Period?

Hi!
I started taking birth control recently, and was on it for about a full two weeks, when I had sex without a condom. He didn't finish, but I still have some concerns! The information with my birth control says that, when you start the pill on the Sunday after your period starts, you have to be on the pill for seven days for it to become effective against pregnancy. However, I've heard from other people that you really have to wait a month for it to become really effective. Which one is true, and do I have to be concerned? Also, a few days before I had sex, I missed a pill, but I just doubled up the next day. The information pack says that, as long as I took the missed pill and the regularly scheduled pill, I'll still be protected against pregnancy but it also says that missing a pill can make the protection less effective. Should I be worried about this, also? The brand is Generess Fe, if that helps.

I'm also due to get my period soon, in about one or two days, and I feel all my usual symptoms, like cramps, over-emotional, etc. I even was spotting a bit today. However, I also had sex without a condom again on January 7th. He used the pull-out method, though. (The aforementioned time was December 30th.) If I get my period tomorrow or the day after, does that mean that for BOTH times when I had sex, the sperm didn't fertilize? Or does that only apply for the Dec. 30 date, and I'm still at risk for pregnancy with the Jan. 7th date?

Thank you for all your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread