HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy-Teen (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/)
-   -   Can you get pregnant the day you are supposed to start your period? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/937920-can-you-get-pregnant-day-you-supposed-start-your-period.html)

skittlesnavygrl 02-03-2013 03:04 PM

Can you get pregnant the day you are supposed to start your period?

So heres the situation... last night me and by fiance didn't use any protection and I forgot to take my birth control for like 2 days. I was supposes to start my period today. Is it possible that I may be pregnant?

Thisby 02-07-2013 07:17 PM

Re: Can you get pregnant the day you are supposed to start your period?

It kinda all depends on when you forgot to take those pills. If it weren't for missing those 2 pills, I'd say you were safe. Have you started yet?

skittlesnavygrl 02-07-2013 07:18 PM

No I have not. I've been cramping but no period.

skittlesnavygrl 02-07-2013 07:20 PM

I missed the pill the day before and the day of intercourse.

Thisby 02-07-2013 09:02 PM

I'm confused. Maybe if you told us which of the 21 pills it was that you missed (and when you took them) and when you had intercourse. (And by 'missed' I assume you mean you didn't miss them entirely, just took them late, as soon as you remembered, right?)

Because it sounds like you're saying it was the last days, and that you expected your period the very next day. (Women don't start their period the first day off their 21 days of active pills, it usually takes a few days.)

skittlesnavygrl 02-07-2013 09:08 PM

I missed the last 2 of the active pills. The day I was supposed to takemy last active pill is when I had intercourse. I remembered right after and took them immediately. But am on my last day of the inactive pills tomorrow. And still haven't started my period.

Thisby 02-07-2013 09:33 PM

Assuming you took all the rest of your pills perfectly, I would say that the chances of you getting pregnant from that are pretty low (but not impossible) because your pills would have been working right up to the last day you took them, and by then you'd already passed the ovulation point of your cycle. I think that by taking those last 2 late, it might have messed your cycle up a bit.

How long have you been on the pill? And is this cramping typical of starting your period?

skittlesnavygrl 02-07-2013 09:38 PM

I have been on the pill for 2 months now. And yes I usually cramp up the day before my period. But this time I had cramls but no period. I'm hoping its just that I took the last 2 late that gave messed up my cycle.