It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
(female)

Getyourhopesup HB User
Could i be pregnant??

So I'm new to this website and I'm also aware that self-diagnosing is just a stress-driven rollercoaster, but I'm scared and in need of some reassurance. This post is directed to those who have been pregnant or understand the complications of pregnancy.

I have irregular periods that are normal flow and usually about every 35-40 days But I have not had a period in 3 months, (Since January) and I have not been sexually active in over a year up until recently. Over two weeks ago I had protected sex and afterwards I had a sick and terrible feeling in my gut that something was wrong but played it off as it all being in my head. Well earlier this week (Monday) I had brown discharge. Not a lot but definitely enough to make me a little worried because this is not normal for me at all. And it continued until Tuesday where it actually got a little heavier and even turned dark red. I thought it may have been the start of my period but on Wednesday, it went back to being very light and turned bright red. Thursday it turned light brown and by Friday it was almost completely gone. Today it came back as a peachy color and now I'm insanely confused. I have no other symptoms except a mild cramping now but I think that might be more of an intestinal thing. And I've been having weird migranes and itchy skin (from being sunburned maybe) all week but I think that stress is getting its absolute best of me right now with school and my home-life and college prep. The paranoia of potentially being pregnant is making it worse because I know that it will bring me even more stress and depression that I won't be able handle. I have been told that I look like I have lost weight (probably cause I've been battling depression on and off for the last year or so). I now weigh 110lbs as of today which means I lost close to 10lbs within the last 6 months somehow.

I am just a kid (17) but I'm scared and I don't really have an adult figure that I can't turn to about this. I also have an irrational fear of doctors so I as much as I know I should see one, I just can't. I have done a little research online about implantation bleeding and spotting, but I have some questions..

1.) Does implantation bleeding normally last a few days like I did? (Assuming that if it was implantation bleeding)

2.) Is implantation bleeding usually accompanied by cramps and migranes?

3.) Was this just a weird extra light period? And is that normal for someone who skipped 3 months?

4.) I may have lost 10lbs (unintentionally of course) but is that enough to stop a period or delay them?

5.) Has anyone experienced something like this and was not pregnant?

6.) Are these symptoms of something else like ovulation, mid-cycle bleeding,PCOS, or an STD or etc?

Any amount of advice or encouragement would really help because words at this point can't describe how scared and helpless I feel. So please give positive feedback

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Could i be pregnant??

Implantation spotting does not typically last 5 days. A logical explanation is that this was a lighter than usual period related to the weight loss, or you may have just not ovulated, skipped periods because of that and now are beginning to have breakthrough bleeding. That happens when the uterine lining builds up beyond what its blood supply can nourish, and light bleeding occurs, often frequently, until you have a regular period that gets rid of the lining altogether. It's like water flowing over the top of the dam. If you hadn't had sex for a year up until 2 weeks ago, and that was protected, it is highly unlikely you are pregnant. If the anxiety over this is driving you crazy, just pick up a home pregnancy test at the store to ease your mind and know for sure.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: teen pregnancy

I don't see where you said you've taken a pregnancy test yet. None of that other stuff matters because in the end any or all of those symptoms could be PMS, stress/anxiety, or something else entirely so it's not how you diagnose a pregnancy. Your best bet is to take a pregnancy test and go from there. Even if you went to a doctor they would tell you the same thing, that you can't diagnose a pregnancy on symptoms alone and a pregnancy test is your first option for figuring it out.

Closed Thread

Tags
irregular, late period, pregnancy, scared, stress