It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Following through on a drug free birth

Only about 7% of women have a drug free, natural birth. If you want to follow through with it you have to be serious.

Here is how I did it. My daughter was born on April 4, 2006. I decided to have a normal, drug and intervention free birth. Yes, it is extremely painful, but I was able to follow through. It takes a strong mind and will. I also kept telling myself that this pain won't last and when it is done I will be proud for several reasons. During my pregnancy many women would feel the need to talk about the epidural and I would tell them I was planning on having a natural birth. Many women felt I was crazy and couldn't understand for any reason why I would not get drugs to have a baby. I told everyone I knew that I was going to have my baby without drugs and please let me tell you, that helped! I remembered that when I was in pain. I also had a nurse in a childbirth class who tried to talk me out of a drug free birth and encouraging me to pick a drug, that also gave me the will to make it. It really comes down to having a strong mind and will. There were women I have talked to that said they wanted a natural birth, but if the pain is too intense then they will get something, and everyone of them got something! You can't leave that door open if you are set on a drug free birth. You can do it!

Closed Thread