It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Red face 37 weeks - bad belly pain!!??

Hello everyone!

I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to log on for a week or so!

Anyway, I am 37 weeks now and I have this terrible pain in my belly. My baby just dropped a couple days ago and I was feeling extreme pressure in the center of my belly - around my belly button and above. Now the pressure's a little better but it "BURNS" on the inside when I press or rub the area and when I position myself to lay down. It hurts so bad that it brings me to tears!!

Has anyone else felt this before or have any ideas of what it is? I am going to call the doctor tomorrow but I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. I still feel the baby moving so I don't think it's an emergency. But it REALLY hurts!!

J.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:08 AM   #2
(female)

slaughter17 HB User
Re: 37 weeks - bad belly pain!!??

I wouldn't be too concerned. you are 37 weeks, and the baby dropped. It sounds like to me that you are starting prelabor. That is what happened to me with my first baby. But then all the pain moved in to my back for days and days. It was terrible. I would call your doctor just to be on the safe side. It sounds like your little one is gonna be here soon. Congrats and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #3
Inactive

Piccoloist HB User

You might want to keep a watch nearby and start timing the pains. Are they constant or do they come and go? If you're really concerned, I would call the doctor ASAP, but it sounds like you might be getting ready for labor or just general uncomfort since the baby dropped. Good luck!

Old 12-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

It could also be ligament pain. The baby has dropped so all of that pressure is on the lower ligaments. I had those pains in late pregnancy as well and it was just because the baby used to be positioned all over in the uterus, then the baby drops and has less room to move therefore stretching.

Angela

Old 12-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Lightbulb Re: 37 weeks - bad belly pain!!??

Thank you for all your replies.

I went into the doctor today and my cervix is still closed. I described my pain to the doctor and she said that the burning is my ab muscles ripping apart! OUCH!! Yep, with the baby having dropped, different muscles are being stretched and the ones that hurt are being stretched too fast with all the pressure so they actually tear. She said to try not to use my ab muslces. Easier said than done!!

Man, I wasn't in a hurry to have this little one but if this keeps up, I'll be ready very soon! We'll see what happens!

J.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:39 AM   #6

Ashton'sMommy HB User

Purple-

I am 30 weeks and abit behind you... but.. I think I am having the same feeling but mine is in my groin muscle area ( extreme lower left stomach ). When I lay down and try to position myself I have this extreme burning pain and If I try to move to correct it , it will hurt worse. I bring myself to tears sometimes in the middle of the night because it hurts so bad.

I was under the assumption that it was the ligaments of our stomachs.

If you find anything out let me know because this seems to be almost exactly what I am experiencing.

Closed Thread