It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 07:52 AM   #1

kitty8 HB User
Question Implantation Cramping Question

[FONT=Arial]

I always read about implantation cramping, but no one ever says where the cramping is. Is it on the sides in the ovary area or in the middle or can it be both?

For about two days I had cramping and twinges of pain on both sides of my lower abdomen and also in the middle which I assumed to be in my uterus. Around this same time I had awful bloating which has now gone away. This was all about five days ago and since then I have had a few crampy feelings here and there and also some very odd pain in both breasts on the sides near my armpit that comes and goes.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Old 12-27-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

jenniferd HB User
Re: Implantation Cramping Question

Kitty,
You're having a lot of signs of pg, but it is not definite. The cramping on the sides of your uterus usually occurs (during pregnancy) because it begins to stretch to accommodate all the new blood that is in there. Middle of uterus cramping could definitely just be implantation. But it could also just be part of a normal cycle. The mammary glands enter the breasts from under the armpits so breast soreness usually starts there. I don't want to tell you that you're pg because obviously that is impossible for me to diagnose, but all the symptoms that you listed can be signs of pg. Of course, for me, all of those symptoms are also symptoms for a normal menstrual cycle. So when I got them again last month, I didn't think I was pg. But it turns out that I am.

You didn't indicate if you were actually trying to get pg so when I wish you Good Luck it is for whatever it is that your heart desires!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #3
Inactive

lil squirt HB User

Implantation cramping is not common at all. Neither is implantation bleeding.
The egg is so tiny that that there really is not feeling. I have read about it on the internet.

Any cramping you have during a cycle is going to drive you crazy if you are looking for signs of implantation. 99% of people have NO implantation signs at all and don't know they are PG until AF is late and they test.

Old 12-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #4

kitty8 HB User

Thanks for replying Jenniferd.

I am trying to get pregnant, so unfortunately every little pain or twinge has me wondering. I just stopped taking my birth control this month and am pretty sure I ovulated according to my cervical mucus. I know I am getting my hopes up thinking I could be pregnant so soon after stopping the pill, but I am almost 100% sure I did ovulate.

The pain in my breasts has subsided and the pains in my pelvic area aren't as constant, although definitely still there. I guess I will know soon enough!

Old 12-28-2003, 05:49 PM   #5
(female)

jenniferd HB User

My experience/information with implantation cramping and bleeding is a little different. I haven't heard a lot about cramping from implantation but implantation bleeding/spotting is actually quite common. I had it, as did several people I've known. In fact, my spotting was heavy enough that I thought it was AF. When my best friend was pg, her spotting was so heavy that she also thought it was AF until dr told her at four months that she was pg. The problem is that it's different for every woman. There are no rules when it comes to the female reproductive system. I had a co-worker who had a light period right on schedule every month during her entire pregnancy.

Kitty, You're right, though. You just have to wait it out until you can take a pg test. I'm sure you'll have success before you know it. Also keep in mind, that your cycle will be pretty different now that you are off bcp. I might recommend that you keep notes when something seems significant, that way you can keep track when something really different is happening.

Try not to stress too much. Trying to get pg is supposed to be lots of fun!!! Enjoy it! Lots of baby dust to you!!! Keep me posted.

Closed Thread