It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

Amy_D HB User
Question Planters Warts and Pregnancy

I have a bunch of planters warts on my left foot, and i have a doctors appt. for them next month but my question is if i get them removed will it harm my baby in any way, due to the risk of infection or any medication they might put me on afterwards. I want to get them removed because when i get really pregnant and start really popping out the warts will hurt so bad due to the extra pressure the baby put's on my feet. Any advice will be greatly appeciated. Thank you in advance!

Amy D

Last edited by Amy_D; 01-21-2004 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Re: Planters Warts and Pregnancy

I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you let your doctor know that you are pregnant they should know what you can and can't have as far as medication and they'll take extra precautions for possible infection. I've had to take antibiotics while pregnant and the doctors said everything would be OK. I'm now 37 weeks and everything seems good so far!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
(female)

kk1978 HB User

Have you tried that new stuff on the market for those. I think it is some sort of freeze off stuff. I was thinking about buying it because I have the same thing.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
(female)

Amy_D HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk1978
Have you tried that new stuff on the market for those. I think it is some sort of freeze off stuff. I was thinking about buying it because I have the same thing.

No i havn't but i go to get my foot looked at on February 12th, so will deffinatly ask my doctor if that can be an option! I'll let you know, if you havn't tried them by them.

Amy D

Old 01-22-2004, 01:51 PM   #5
(female)

fouradss HB User

Please post after you talk to you dr. I have one on my index finger that is driving me CRAZY!! I would have taken care of it, but have been afraid to do so. It would be nice if it were okay to use the otc freeze of stuff.

Thanks
Alicia

Old 01-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
(female)

kk1978 HB User

fouradss- I am not sure if you can actually use the stuff or not. I believe plantars are more common to the feet. You may have a common wart which can be removed with a variety of products over the counter. (Unsure about while pregnant) However I could be wrong about the plantar wart thing. Good Luck.

Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
Inactive

pfunk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_D
I have a bunch of planters warts on my left foot, and i have a doctors appt. for them next month but my question is if i get them removed will it harm my baby in any way, due to the risk of infection or any medication they might put me on afterwards. I want to get them removed because when i get really pregnant and start really popping out the warts will hurt so bad due to the extra pressure the baby put's on my feet. Any advice will be greatly appeciated. Thank you in advance!

Amy D
Hi. Be sure to let your doctor know that you are pregnant. However, I have had a plantar wart removed from my foot and there really was not much to it. In my case, the doctor put a couple drops of a substance that burns the plantar wart and a few layers of skin, creating a large and very painful blister that will hurt for a week or so but then be fine. You will go back to the doctor to have the dead skin shaved off and he may give you another does of the topical medication if the wart is stubborn. Depending upon where the wart or warts are on the plantar surface of your foot, you may experience more discomfort while you have the blister if it sustains a great deal of pressure. Fort instance, if it is on your heel, I would use a cane or a crutch to take some pressure off the blister. Other than that I don't think there is much worry about the medication complicating the pregnancy.

Old 01-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #8
(female)

Amy_D HB User

Thank you very much, mine arn't on my heel but they are on ( i dunno what part it's called) the pad part of your foot right blow my toes and they hurt to walk on. so maybe i will need a cane for a week or so. I also have one on my big toe, and three in that sopt i just talked about. Hopefully everything will work out fine! thank you very much!

Amy D

Closed Thread