It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User
Question Do you still ovulate if you don't have a period...

I was wondering if anybody knew if you still ovulate if you don't have a period. For example I got off the pill, and If I don't return to a regular period for like 3 months, did I ovulate during those 3 months? I was just wondering since the release of an unfertilized egg is the purpose of menstration. Thanks!

Belle

Old 01-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User
Re: Do you still ovulate if you don't have a period...

Someone has got to know this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 04:01 AM   #3
Veteran

0603david HB User

My answer would have to be no. Your day of ovulation can be delayed because of stress and stuff but WHEN you actually ovulate, you bleed between 12-16 days after. This is because of progesterone released during ovulation. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.....

Old 01-23-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Actually you can O and not get a period just like one can skip O and still get a period.
My best friend went 6 months without her period but during that time she was still Oing,sounds strange and the only reason we know she was still Oing is she got pregnant during that time. When she found out she was pregnant they figured she wasnt far along but a u/s proved she was actually 3 months pregnant. So she went three month without a period but still Oed.
Also look at teenage girls there have been many cases of teen girls getting pregnantong beofre their first period. Or cases of teen girls whose periods are just starting but still wacky so they go months without but they still got pregnant.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Inactive

lil squirt HB User

Once you O, if you don't get PG, you are going to have a period. Just like, what goes up must come down.

If you don't O and you get a period, it's not really a period. It's breakthrough beeding. The lining get's to thick and it breaks away.

So, if you O you will have a period. It's inevitable.

Blastoff, maybe your friend only O'd once in that time frame and that is when she got pg?

Old 01-24-2004, 11:01 AM   #6
Inactive

Ansleyt2004 HB User

ok this is what the dr told me when i went back in dec when i found out i was preggo.... ok i had missed 3 periods so i went to the dr well she told me i was preggo after doing two tests... but she said she didnt think i was as far back as from the time of first missed period which made me 13 weeks and 2 days pregnant and she also SAID that i could only be a few weeks pregnant bc just bc im not having periods doesnt mean im not ovulating which means yes u can ovulate with out having a period bc when i went to the doc. and had a u/s done i was only 6 weeks which meant i had missed two periods be4 i ever even got preg. so yes u can....

Old 01-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil squirt
Once you O, if you don't get PG, you are going to have a period. Just like, what goes up must come down.

If you don't O and you get a period, it's not really a period. It's breakthrough beeding. The lining get's to thick and it breaks away.

So, if you O you will have a period. It's inevitable.

Blastoff, maybe your friend only O'd once in that time frame and that is when she got pg?

Actually according to her blood tests duringthat time she was Oing and not just once. They were trying to find out why she wasnt having periods but she was still Oing.

Also just because one Os doesnt meant one will get a period. I have Ovulated myself a couple of times and not gotten periods and was not pregnant. The reason I know is I have the charts to prove I was Oing without periods. It can happen just isnt often and tends to happen more to people that have Endo like my friend. For me we arent sure why I was Oing without getting resulting periods...though so far it has only happened twice that we know of.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-24-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
Inactive

lil squirt HB User

HHHHHHHM. Interesting. Never heard of it. Leaarn something new everyday.

Closed Thread