It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 06:53 AM   #1

mommyof3sons HB User
ways to make him come out 38 weeks pregnant and MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i am 38 almost 39 weeks i am so uncomfortable i cry my ob doesnt like inducing what can i do to start things along i have tried bding ouch!!! i have tried the castor oil thing yuck what if i do some jumping jaxx?lol will he ever come out??i am so misertable it hurts to walk i am 2-3 cm dialated for the past 2-3 weeks 50% efaced can i help things along anyone please give me suggestions can jumping up and down help???i am sorry to vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2004, 06:59 AM   #2

Ashton'sMommy HB User
Re: ways to make him come out 38 weeks pregnant and MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing... DO NOT drink castor oil. this has been found to be dangerous. Castor oil can cause the baby to have its first bowel movement inside you and he can asperate miconium. It can also cause him to become dehydrated and has been known to increase fetal distress.
Not to mention that you dont want to be stuck on the toilet with diarrhea while in labor.

I dont think there is anything you can do to induce labor. Try walking... and I mean walk walk walk.. walk for hours if you can, some people say this works. Try having sex... sex will sometimes bring on contractions but do not do this unless your water is still not broken.

Just dont drink castor oil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2004, 07:38 AM   #3

saj201514 HB User

i agree, walk walk walk, then walk some more. is it your first? my son was 3 weekslate before they induced. 90%of babies are born after their due date. don't worry. before you know it he/ she will be here. stephie

Old 01-28-2004, 07:59 AM   #4

Ashton'sMommy HB User

3 weeks???
geez... bless your heart!!

Luckily.. most doctors will not let you go more than 7 days past your due date. So at most you probably have 2 weeks.

You can do it.

p.s. I think this is her 3rd??

Old 01-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #5

mommyof3sons HB User

thanks guys,
i guess i am going for a walk this little one will eventually come, this is actually my 4th and its another boy so i will have 4 boys.i am just so miserable i hurt every where i cant even close my legs all the way shut, my first son i was 3 days late my 2nd i went 14 days late and my 3rd son i was induced 3 weeks early do to toxemia this one is just being stubborn well i cant complain i do actually still have 11 days till my due date wow so far away so i guess i am going out for a walk here in ny we just got a foot of snow so i will go tredge through it. thanks again guys. good luck to you

Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #6

TruBoo4Life HB User

Walk.. That is the best advice ever.. Good luck and get to walkin!
Jeremiah-22
IT'S A GIRL- Symone Lynn
EDD 3-24-03 to 4-1-03

Old 01-28-2004, 09:27 AM   #7

JennMomTo3 HB User

I know how you are feeling, with my 8 month old I was the same way. At 37 weeks I was 4-5 cm dialiated and 75% efaced. The dr's wouldn't do nothing. I was in and out of the hospital with cotractions, and just sent back home. At the time my dh was taking an EMT class and there was a midwife in his class. She gave him a small bottle of Black Cohosh and the directions on how to take it. I started it around 5:00 pm, contractions started around 6:00 to 6:30, at the hospital around 2:00 am the dr broke my water around 2:45, and he was born at 6:28am. With being 3 weeks early he had no problems and was 7lbs 5ozs. You can get the black Cohosh at an Herb store, It is in a little bottle witha dropper. I can give you the directions if you want. Good Luck!

Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #8

MamaGirl HB User

I was 5 days overdue when I went to the OB and they did an ultrasound. The tech told me that the baby was going to be at least 9 pounds. I was scared as heck! Anyways, I left the doctor's office and I accidentally hit and killed a baby sqirrel. I thought it was a sign and I just cried and cried. My water broke a few hours later and she was born the next day. (She was 8 pounds even by the way)

So maybe watch a sappy chick flick and let the tears flow!:lol

Old 01-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User

I know how you feel. I have 6 days until my due date. I feel like there is no end. My contractions are strong then stop. I've tried sex (OOH)! I've tried walking, nothing is working!!! I am at my whits end!!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #10

Emme1 HB User

I have heard that rubbing your nipples can stimulate your uterus to contract.
Also having sex releases a hormone that can help you go into labor (although it sounds like you may be too uncomfortable to try)
Good Luck!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #11

andrea8098 HB User

If you do stimulate your nipples do it long enough to start contractions then go to the hospital to get on a monitor, sometimes if you stimulate and are not on a monitor your baby may come to quickly, at least that's what they told my friend who was 17 days overdue. She stimulated with a manual pump, got the contractions started, went to the hospital and 2 hours later had her baby girl. Just be careful with anything you try. Some things work for some women. I have also heard of using enemas'. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #12

mommyof3sons HB User

ok i have walked all day it seems i think he is stuck in thhere my calves hurt.o-well thanks for all the great tips. tinkers wow your close too good luck to you i go to my ob tomorrow maybe i'll just cry and she'll help lol thanks again ladies.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:30 PM   #13

Terri_281331836 HB User

I've heard that spicy food helps, but it could just be an old wives tale...

Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

I've heard that there's a place on your foot that if you put pressure on it, it can cause labor. But I'm not sure where it is though. Maybe call up a masseuse and they could tell you.
There's also supposed ot be a pressure point in your hand. That one is the skin between your thumb and your pointer finger. Supposedly if you squeeze that it could start labor.

Other than that I don't know, I was induced with my last one so I never had to wait. Hoping you deliver soon!

Old 01-29-2004, 10:48 PM   #15

andrea8098 HB User

It is on the inside of your foot right by the ankle, like where it starts to indent. Sometimes it will start contractions, but most of the time they stop before the 5 min. for an hour thing. My friend tried everything and nothing worked, we would get her to the hospital and once they got her on a monitor, the contractions would stop and we had to drive back home. She ended up getting induced with Pit.

Closed Thread