It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #1

amashstat HB User
Oh my aching legs

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and at night my legs start to get very achy. It's just from my knees down. Is this due to circulation? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop the ache?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 02-04-2004, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User
Re: Oh my aching legs

ok, just to let you know right off the bat, i will be no help to solving your problem. i just wanted to say that i know what you are going through.

for the past few weeks or so, my hips and legs have been aching all night long. every time i lay down, within 10 minutes the pain get really bad and i have to turn over. i toss and turn like that all night long. the only thing that helps is to lay on my back which i DON'T recommend. I try so hard not to but that is the only way i can get relief. i have been thinking that i should go to the chiropractor and get an ajustment but i just cant afford it. some people think that its not safe to do but actually if you are going to have a vaginal birth, its the best thing you can do for your body.
i think my pain started when my baby dropped. i had posted earlier about when babies dropped because i felt as though my baby had and then my doctor confirmed that in deed he did drop, so i have a feeling thats why my hips and legs ache so bad at night which means there might not be a cure except just having the baby...lol
good luck to you and i hope you can find a way to ease the pain.
baby brother to Vanessa & Tyler

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 11:29 AM   #3

Ashton'sMommy HB User

I am 36 weeks and have the same problem.
Horrible leg and hip pain on the leg in which you are laying on.

What has helped me is... put a big thick pillow behind you, right up against your back and lean back on the pillow as if you are going to lay on your back, this takes the weight off the legs and hips and you are still not on your back. You will be half on your side and half on your back but it does help some.

My back pain is HORRIBLE now and nothing helps, so It unfortunately does not get better.

Old 02-04-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I remember just rubbing my legs seemed to help a little bit. Never did find anything that would totally get rid of the ache. I've also got some really minty shower gel that seemed to help alleviate some of the aches.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User

I also have terrible back and leg pain. I'm 22 weeks and it has just started with the last couple of days. I thought maybe it was something that I did, but now I'm thinking that it might be a pinched nerve or something. I'm going to try a warm bath when I get home. And I actually layed down on the floor in my office this morning for a few minutes to relieve the discomfort for a while. Tylenol seemed to help a little too, but I don't want to take too much of that either. I hope this doesn't last for the next 18 weeks!

Old 02-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #6
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User

ashtonsmommy,

thats exactly what i do. i have a body pillow that i stick behind me and kinda lay half on my back but still on my side. that does help a little.
the rubbing thing works too but now that i am pregnant my carpal tunnel in both hands is very painful and i have to wear braces on my wrists every night, and my hubbys version on rubbing anything is two quick squeezes and he's done. if they only really knew.

wow everyone is coming out of the wood works....lol looks like everyone has been doing the same thing...popping on to check on everyone but not feeling up to actually typing anything...lol
thx for the well wishing of my c-section.
i will chat at you ladies later.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #7
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User

ok so i completely mixed two threads into one. i started with talking about leg pains and ended with MARCH MOMMIES reply all in the same one...lol
i am losing my mind. so if you all dont understand my last reply, now you know why...lol

Closed Thread