It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #1

meezerlover HB User
Pregnant soon after giving birth

Has anyone ever heard of or known someone that got pregnant really soon after giving birth? What is the soonest you've heard of someone getting pregnant after giving birth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User
Re: Pregnant soon after giving birth

One of the girls I work with got pregnant with her second son only about 3 and a half months after giving birth to her first son. She actually got pregnant twice while my hubby and I were trying. It sort of became a joke that if she got pregnant again (with a third) before I got pregnant at all, I was going to quit. Anyway, her boys are almost exactly 1 year apart and healthy and happy. I just feel for her having to raise a 2 year old and a 1 year old at the same time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 06:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bren7 HB User

I knew someone who got pregnant 1 month after giving birth, the kids were 10 months apart. The hubby is a dr. (ob/gyn) I guess he doesn't follow his own rules of ..no sex for 6 weeks after birth. LOL

Old 02-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran

lilmom HB User

My boys are 15 months apart, and who really obeys the Dr. when it comes to the 6 week thing unless they don't feel up to it?
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 02-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Actually the 6 week rule isnt a rule for every doctor. With my first I was told to only wait 4 weeks before having sex again. My second since I had a c-section I was told 6 weeks. I asked that doctor if it would be differentif I had my second vaginally and he siad yes that he would have said wait 4 weeks. So those that become pregnant a month after giving birth it could be simply that their doctor told them to wait 4 weeks instead of 6.
I have a friend whose first and second child are a year and four days a part in age. My oldest son has a friend who is exactly 11 months younger than his big brother. I can sit here and rattle off numerous friends who have kids that range from 10 months age difference up to 16 months of age difference.
It is very possible to get pregnant soon after giving birth if one doesnt use proper protection and there are event hose that use proper protection who wind up pregnant.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 02-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #6
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I got pregnant with my 2nd child when my first was almost 4 months old.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

one of my friends family members got preggo 4 weeks after giving birth!
and i only waited 2 weeks to have sex after my daughter was born!!! i guess i really broke the rule LOL

Old 02-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

I hope she doesn't mind, but most people know anyways, but Kitty Turner (that is her user name) went for her 6 week post partum check up and found out she was pregnant again, hopefully she'll see this post and she can tell you more.

Angela

Old 02-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #9
Veteran

lilmom HB User

After my first son I had sex in a week, after this one I tore so we waited 2 weeks..... yes they said to wait 6 weeks for me but.......... yeah well what can I say my Husband and I have been a part a long time
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 02-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User

I didnt conceive very soon after my daughter but I did get pregnant naturally when my daughter was 15 months old, despite having tubal issues, endometriosis, thyroid problems, etc. We were unable to get pg for years and resorted to IVF and was lucky on our first try with her. To get pg naturally was & still is the biggest shock ever to us as I am 38 and didnt plan on having anymore, although my husband wouldnt have minded having another child.
Lin
mom to Amanda 19months
29wks

Old 02-15-2004, 03:50 PM   #11
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

I had to terminated at 5 months with my last pregnancy. I was so depressed that I started trying right away. It took three months.

Old 02-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #12

lufour HB User
Wink Re: Pregnant soon after giving birth

Hi. I was born 10.5 months after my sister. We were treated like twins. I have a friend now who is 10 months older than her sister. I also had a boyfriend who claimed that his uncle/aunt were born 9 months apart. I guess that could happen if the 2nd was born prematurely. Yikes!!

Old 02-16-2004, 05:12 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User

And Kitty on this board got PG when her little girl was only about 6 weeks old I think (correct me if I am wrong Kitty!!!)

Old 02-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User

As Angela and Amanda pointed out I indeed fell pregnant right after the birth of my daughter. I found out at my six weeks check. I gave birth to Alissa on the 19th Oct and my doc recons i concieved this one around the 14th Nov.

Old 02-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Well girls, I think my little sister beat ya all! She always wanted twins, so when she found out she was pregnant 4wks after the birth of her first, we told her that they were close enough!! Then.......she found out she was expecting twins!!! So I asked if she ever wanted triplets??? Then, when the twins were 8 or 9mos old, she got pregnant with her last. Three kids under the age of three!! I would have shot myself or at least gave my husband the free, at home vasectomy!! She finally got her tubes tied after the fourth, and hubby was ticked! He wanted more! All of the births were C-section, so she told him if he wanted more, he was welcomed to get pregnant on his own!!

I do have to say, she is an excellent mom, especially since she's not even 22! They both work, she from 5am-12noon at a day care and he works swing to take care of things. They don't make much, but are good with their money and have a cute little house, which she has even managed to re-paint and re-do alot of the inside...all with four little ones running around!!! I couldn't do it. I told her she was welcomed to my super-mom cape, it was barely used and obviously she would put it to good use!

Closed Thread