It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2004, 01:48 PM   #1

MandyJ HB User
Question What does implantation spotting look like?

Yesterday I had quiet a bit of creamy brown discharge (sorry TMI) and I just thought that AF was on her way even though spotting is not usually for me, but then it stopped, and now nothing but a lot of creamy white discharge. What does implantation spotting usually look like? And how soon after the discharge can I take a hpt?

Thank you for your help!!

MandyJ

Married- May 2003
DD= 3-19-98
DS= 10-4-00
TTC #3 since 5-03

Last edited by MandyJ; 03-05-2004 at 01:49 PM.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: What does implantation spotting look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyJ
Yesterday I had quiet a bit of creamy brown discharge (sorry TMI) and I just thought that AF was on her way even though spotting is not usually for me, but then it stopped, and now nothing but a lot of creamy white discharge. What does implantation spotting usually look like? And how soon after the discharge can I take a hpt?

Thank you for your help!!

MandyJ, I'm having the same thing: long cycle and brown stuff, but mine has been going on for 3 days, but is the worst today. Until today I only noticed when I wiped, but now it's getting on my underpants (sorry, tmi, I know). The best way to describe what I'm having is "scummy." IF I ovulated at all this cycle, I think it was 10 days ago. I am on cd35. I think I will take a test Sunday morning, which I think is 12 dpo. The test I have (first response) can detect pg up to 4 days before a missed period.

Are you still having your spotting? Also, what day are you on?

I also have never had spotting before, so maybe this is it for both of us!

Keep me updated, OK?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #3

MandyJ HB User

Lawgirl- Yeah that would be great if this was our month!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you to get that BFP on Sunday. It's funny because that is when I think that I may take a test too. I also have a first response test. Make sure and keep me updated ok !! I am on CD67!! I have not had AF since Dec.27!! I took a test a few weeks ago and got a negative so there probable is not that good of a chance that I am pg but who knows. It's hard to believe that I could still O after it being so long!! It's just that I have never spotted before so it was really strange that I did. It only lasted that day and now nothing but creamy white discharge.

Take care and keep me posted!!

MandyJ

Married- May 2003
DD= 3-19-98
DS= 10-4-00
TTC #3 since 5-03

Old 03-06-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Ok- so I admit it, I have no self control. OF COURSE I had to wake up and test this morning, and of course B-F-N. But, what was I expecting? The thing is, part of the reason I wanted to test today was to know if I could have a glass of wine at the wedding I'm going to tonight. But, I even said last night that even if this test comes out bfn, I probably won't have a drink, in caseI am pg and it was just too early to test. So basically, I knew no matter what the test said, I was still going to act the same. Grrrr. No self control.

Well, off to start cd 36! Mandy, how are we ever supposed to get pregnant if we only have about 3 cycles each year?!? I still think this is your month! Heck, it might still be my month!

I have a pre-pregnancy appt. scheduled on 3/12. Should I mention my long cycles (34 days, 50 days, and currently on day 36) and do you think the Dr. can do anything for me?

Oh yeah- I'm still having a tiny bit of the stuff I was hoping was implantation spotting.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:05 PM   #5

MandyJ HB User

Lawgirl- Hey there, sorry to hear about your bfn.........but it is still early so lets just hope that it was too soon and that you are still going to get that bfp this month!! I know what you mean about not having any self control when it comes to testing - I myself have NO self control either. I took my temp today and it was only 97.7 so I don't think that I am going to bother taking a test tomorrow because I am pretty sure that I have still not O and that there is no chance that I am pg. I have a RX for Provera (to bring on AF) and I think that I am going to start that. The doctor's did a blood test last week and it was bfn, I just thought that with the spotting the other day that there might still be a chance but I really don't think so, so I am going to go ahead and start the meds. Do you take your BBT's each morning?

Good luck with your apt on the 12th, I just had mine last week. And what the doctor told me about really long cycles (mine are anywhere from 30 to well right now is day 67 and this is my longest cycle yet) is that you are not O if your having really long cycles. Anything over 36 days is considered long. So what they are doing with me is giving me a RX for Provera to start up AF and then they are putting me on Clomid to make me O. Maybe you should bring this up with your doctor also. The sucess rates with Clomid are really good. They are also doing what is called a HSG on me right after AF starts and I stop bleeding, it's where they inject dye into your uterus and tubes to make sure that everything is open and there are no blockages. I am also starting a new job on the 15th so I might put off Clomid for a few months- so that I can get established there first. I do nursing at a nursing home.

Well I hope that you have fun tonight at the wedding!! Keep me posted on how you are doing.

Bye for now

MandyJ

Married- May 2003
DD= 3-19-98
DS= 10-4-00
TTC #3 since 5-03

Old 03-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Well, the "scummy" stuff stopped yesterday, but then started again today. I just don't know what to think! I certainly hope it stops before my appointment- how gross would an exam be like that! I really don't think this is my period, because my temps have actually gotten a little higher in the last few days, and I think they are supposed to drop when you have an actual period, so who knows? Maybe when I go to the doctor they will give me a blood test and confirm, because there is still a part of me that thinks I'm pg. Then again, my chest isn't sore or anything, so maybe not. I feel like I just won;t believe it until the doctor says "you're crazy! there's no way your pregnant!"

Mandy, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm 26, and I'm wondering if the doctor will be unwilling to do anything for me until I give my cycle a year or so to straighten out after getting of bc in November. Or maybe age doesn't make a difference?

Well let me know when you take your hpt. I hope this is your month!

Old 03-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #7

MandyJ HB User

Hey Lawgirl, how are you. No I don't mind you asking my age at all- I'm 26 also, I'll be 27 in April= sounds like we have alot in common, so I'm sure that the doctor will do the same for you that they are doing for me. It's funny too because today is DH's birthday- he turned 29 .

What are your temps? And your right if it is AF then they should go down, so I really hope that that is a good sign for you and that you get your BFP this month!! ~*~*~* Tons of Baby Dust your way!!! ~*~*~*

I did take a hpt this morning and it was negative, I thought that it was going to be. I'm not too upset about it this month because I am starting a new job anyways next week, so the timing would not be good anyways. I don't want to start work and then turn around in 9 months and need time off so I guess it's just not our time yet.

Well I need to go and get some sleep now- I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Goodnight

MandyJ

Married- May 2003
DD= 3-19-98
DS= 10-4-00
TTC #3 since 5-03

Old 03-08-2004, 07:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Well, my temps were about 97.7 (varied a little from sleeping in, but right around there) from cd26-cd33. I only started taking temps on day 26, because on day 25 dh said we could start trying. As it turned out, on day 25 I had lots of wet, stretchy cm (although it was cloudy, not clear), and we did the ol' bd on day 25, so I really thought maybe we hit it just right. From cd34-cd38 (today is 38) I have been right around 97.8 (again, accounting for sleeping in on the weekends). LAst night we bd, and I saw some red blood this morning. More than you wanted to know, I'm sure!

It can't be a period, right, because my temps would drop, wouldn't they? I'm thinking whatever it was just got stirred up from our activities last night.

I have no way of knowing if these are pre- or post- ovulation temps because I started taking them mid-cycle, but TCOYF says that 97.6 and up is the general range for post-ovulation. So that would put mine on the low side...

Who knows? Sorry for the long post. Did you decide to take the provera?

I'd better go do my reading for class!

Closed Thread