It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User
June Mommie!!!!!

Hey Ladies, I'm back!
This spring break thing has been wonderful. Hehehe. So I went to the doctor last week, and guess what? IT'S A GIRL!!!!! Yeah, it was so lovely to lay there and watch my little baby girl moving around. She is already so precious! Well, my doctor wasn't actually there, she had an emergency at the hospital, but the nurse sent me to have the sonogram, so I have to go back to see my doctor next week. I am so happy. My mom and I started purchasing things to redecorate my room and make room for the baby. I can't wait!!!
So I know it's been a while. How are you ladies doing? Any feet disappearing? I can still see mine (as long as I tilt forward a little, hehehe). My baby's father finally stopped trying to get me to change the baby's last name to his, and I hope he doesn't bring that up anymore. So everything is pretty much hunky dorey, except for the remainder of the school year which I am forced to complete
OH, and I forgot to mention, the tech that did the sonogram said that she was getting May 29th for my due date. I'm not sure how that works, so is my doctor going to move my due date from June 12th to May 29th now? Hmm, that would be preTTy close to the time I get out of school, on May 11th, so I hope that I can hang in there.
Baby Girl born June 4th @ 9:41pm

Old 03-17-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Re: June Mommie!!!!!

Hi there, glad to hear you are having a girl!! I am going for my third ultrasound tomorrow to try and determine the sex.. however, here in Canada, they will nt tell you at the appointment, I have to wait aout a week for the results to go to the doctors. I so badly want a little girl.

I have not seen my feet in probably two months now LOL. I am huge and am constantly being asked if I am having twins (which I am not).

Hope all you other ladies are doing well.
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User

Hey Platinum, Congratulations! YOU have the official first GIRL in the June Mommies!

I was anxiously awaiting finding out what you are having. I'm guessing that they will most likely change your due date based on the sonogram. It will be more accurate than your dr's estimated date I would think. Don't worry, though, you're still a JUNE Mom in our hearts! Besides, May 29th is pretty close to June....right?

Wow. you can't see your toes? I'm big, but most of my visible weight is sitting on my butt....I am carrying high and very close (not sticking out too much in the front), more like a half a watermelon on my front than a basketball. I'm glad actually, because my back gets sore enough as it is when I walk alot, I can't imagine being too aweful big.

Last edited by Trio; 03-17-2004 at 10:20 AM.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

Congrats on the girl!!
I'm carrying really low and, like trio, it's more like a watermelon than a basket ball. And if it weren't for my ever expanding chest I'd be able to see my feet. I think... But with those babies in the way, there's no chance of catching a glimpse of my feet!

Old 03-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

One thing I just remembered to ask...
Do any of you have that phenomenon where your stomach seems to pop out more after you eat? It's pretty funny to me.
Oh, and I just hit the 170lbs mark on the scale. Yeah, I'm still worried about getting this weight off this summer when my mom, my cousin who just had a baby girl of her own, and I are supposed to go on an exercise plan. I know that there isn't much that I can do about it now, but even if I do have to force myself to miss that third afternoon nap, I'm going to work this weight off after the baby gets here!!! I just miss being toned and sleek, but for now...as long as my baby's healthy, I'm very happy!

I can't remember if I asked this before, but are any of you planning to breast feed?

Old 03-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I do not know which thread to post under seeing as there is two june momthers thrads onthe go so I will post the same here that I posted on the other thread.

Well patinum... there goes one old wives tale out the window! You say you are carrying low... old wives tales say that means a boy and you have proved that wrong!

My kidney stone seemsto have passed.. it hurt like hell to go pee the other day and I have felt better since then.

I too, have had menstrual like cramps, Iwonder why that is? I do not see a doctor till the 30th and I do not want to bother anyoe especialy if it is nothing to worry about.

I know what you mean about the baby dancing on our bladder.. even though I am carrying hig, I think my baby is standing on my bladder, always seem to be going to the bathroom and sometimes, I have the urge to go btut nothing comes out! That is annoying.

Wish me luck for tomorrow on my ultrasound... I SO hope they find a little girl growing in there.

Jane

Old 03-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User

Platinum--I also pop out more after I eat. It's because your stomach and intestines are pushed up to the top of your mid-section and needs somewhere to go when it's full! The top of my baby-belly/stomach is right below my boobs so my tummy sits really high after lunch....

The scale....my enemy.....I'm like you, I can't wait to take this weight off. I look like a small house!

I plan to breastfeed for sure. It's not only healthy for baby, but it is a lot easier than walking on the treadmill to get back in shape. I read that your body burns 1500 - 2000 calories just producing the milk every day. It also helps to shrink your uterus back to it's normal size. Not that I won't be walking....this summer I plan to put some miles on the stroller!

Happymom--I totally relate to the peeing thing! I feel like I have to go all the time and sometimes I only trickle....so frustrating. My husband is soooo good about it. Everywhere we go, I have to go before I leave and again as soon as we get there. Can't wait till it gets worse!

Let us know how your u/s turns out. Maybe you'll have the second GIRL in our group!

Last edited by Trio; 03-17-2004 at 02:53 PM.

Old 03-17-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
Veteran

DAISY072702 HB User

Yes my feet aren't really visible anymore either. I'm like fireball though, my chest is expanding as well as my belly Everyone says I'm carrying kind of low, so I guess I'm carrying low. But definately feel like i have a basketball in there.

Congrats Platnum on your daughter, I bet you are so excited. I can't wait till I have my little one to see what I"m having. Don't worry, the scale hates me too, I'm a fat cow. I swear I have gained alot of weight and I don't know where its at b/c I bought my pre pregnancy clothes size and they all still fit. How frustrating. Oh well, I'm like you though, I can't wait to get the weight off, I am in a wedding exactly 6 weeks after my due date so i'm going to be pushing it. I also plan to breastfeed, its good for the baby and like I think Trio said, it helps burn those calories!

Good Luck at your US tomorrow Happymom, let us know how it goes!

I'll check in later.
Jackson Eugene born May 21, 2004 @8:15am!!!
8lbs 12.4oz and 21in long!!

Last edited by DAISY072702; 03-17-2004 at 03:32 PM.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:52 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

Yeah, it was my fault for posting the new June Mommies thread. I couldn't find the other one...sowwy.

Anywho, happymom, it would be awsome if you have a little girl too. I don't think I mentioned it over here, but th u/s seems to have bumped my EDD up to May 29th. I have to go back to my doctor next week to find out if it's going to officially be moved. But hey, I'm still a June Mommie in heart!

Yeah, that weight race. I'm planning to use breast feeding, exercising, and dieting over the summer to beat my cousin back down to my original weight...maybe less. She had her baby girl on Jan. 29th, and now she's back up to her delivery weight. I told her she was going the wrooooooong way. lol I know it's kind of mean, but I'm not only breastfeeding my daughter because it's more healthy for her and myself, but also, I get to spend most of the time with her...between me and her dad. lol I just feel that if he would stop acting like an idiot sometimes, and trying to get me back into a relationship with him, he would be so much more involved in this pregnancy, but that's on him. But I won't keep him away from his daughter, his time will just be limited to when the two of us aren't nursing or sleeping.

Anyone else back to those sleepy moments from the first trimester??? I want more energy danggit!!!! lol

Old 03-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #10
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Well, I had the US today and the lady was going on about how the baby was all curled up so I am guessing she found nothing... have to wait to call the doctor next week.

My US has put me at 30 week now, meaning I am due May 27th... so I agree... we are both June mommies at heart.

The baby weighs 3 pounds 5 ounces and I was tols that is perfect.

I will certainly let you all know if I found out the sex!

Old 03-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

Well ladies, good to hear everyone is doing well!
I had an eventful St. Patrick's Day! I was driving my slightly tipsy hubby and I home and hit some black ice and got into a small fender bender. But it was on top of an overpass, so it was pretty scary! But good news is that everyone is okay. My hubby is sore, his arm and his back, but I feel fine. I called my OB just as a precaution and they told me to go to the hospital to be monitored. So I was thinking it would be a 30 minute thing, hooked to a monitor and maybe an ultrasound. Boy was I wrong! I was admitted and had to stay there for four hours!! I guess that's what they do when someone has a fall or an accident. I knew I was fine, I had no cramping and I had felt him moving around, but it was a relief to get officially checked out. And they did another ultrasound to check my placenta and all was good. But what a night!! I was just glad everything was okay!
On a lighter note, I will be bottle feeding. I was really pushed into breastfeeding after I had my first son while we were at the hospital, which was fine when you have a nurse come in and show you how to do it. But when we got home he was crying and hungry and I couldn't get him to latch on, so I had my hubby make up a bottle and he took to that so well that we stuck to it. I also work in a chemical plant, and I don't want to bring anything home in my system that could get passed on to the baby after I return to work. So bottle feeding is the way I'll go right from the start so I don't have to wean after 6 weeks when I return to work.
HappyMom~So your baby wasn't the most cooperative, eh? Little bugger! Keeping everyone in suspence!
And if I could avoid scales all together, I would! But they make you get weighed at the doctors! Oh well...It's only temporary, right? well, at least I hope it is! EEK!
Hope everyone is still doing well...

Old 03-20-2004, 06:47 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

Fireball, sorry to hear about your accident, but it's good to hear that you are okay.
I wouldn't feel bad about not breast feeding if I were you. I went to a class and the lactation consultant talked about having patience for your child to latch on properly, but I say, if a mother doesn't really want to breast feed, she shouldn't. So do what is best for you!

How are you other June mommies feeling?

Old 03-20-2004, 04:51 PM   #13

ValeriaSATX HB User

Hello JUNE MOMMIES,

How you ladies doing??? Any of you ladies have the need to eat something sweet??? I never thought my sweet tooth could be so bad. I just eat fruit...alot of fruit! And of course I will admit I'll eat an occassional candy bar. I have an appt. on Monday, let's see what the Dr. tells me...see how much weight I've gained (yikes). I'd like to think that I've been doing good with my eating habits. I just can't help this HUGE appetite! Are you ladies with me on this one??? GOOD GOD! I had a sandwhich, grapes, & carrots for lunch and was still hungry!

I was just peepin' in to see how you ladies are doing???? Have to get back to work.

Valeria
1st BABY BOY LUKE JUNE 7TH

Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

I always have a sweet tooth!
I'm finding that I think I'm starving, but when I eat I can only finish about half of what 've put on my plate...I have a huge case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach. Just running out of room I suppose...

Oh I don't feel bad at all about not breastfeeding. It's just something I'm choosing not to do. I like the fact that my husband can join in on the midnight feedings is all...

Old 03-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User

Hi girls...I'm also starving all the time. I'm trying to watch my portions, and drink lots of water....but I'm craving something every hour or so. I seem to need a snack often and yes, sugar is on my mind quite often. I've been craving Slurpee's of all things. I know that they are just sugar and water, but for some reason I crave one about every day or every other day. I've been sending my husband down for one every night or else stopping on the way home to get one. At least I'm past the french fry thing!

I plan to breastfeed, but I'm not going to worry about it if it doesn't work out. I'm gonna be ready for what ever happens. I'm also planning to swing from breast to bottle and back again almost right from the start. I have two girlfriends that are doing it right now and it works beautifully. I want my husband to be able to share in the feeding to help him and baby develop a bond of their own.

Closed Thread