It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

maybe helpful HB User
Question 3 time mom has question.....

I have 4 children, a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and twin 14 month olds. I am divorced, and have begun a new relationship with a wonderful man. I am VERY aware of the way my body wroks, and have been very regular all my life, carefully charting out ovulation and menstrual cycles. Im 26. Heres my problem:

My last two menstrual cycles have been MUCH shorter than usual. I usually average 5 days of menstration, with 28 days between cycles. The last two cycles have been 5 days menstration, but have both been only 22 days in between cycles. This is HIGHLY unusual for me, so Im thinking my ovulation, wich usually occurs between 10 and 12 days mid-cycle is probably off to. I have had protected sex with my partner, with the exception of a few cases, in wich I was sure we were ok. Now that I have had a chance to add up my cycles, Im concerned.

Today is day 22, and no period. So, should I consider this late, since the last 2 periods fell on day 22, or would it be okay for me to wait another week before worrying, see if my body re-adjusts? And since Im not sure when to expect my period, when is the appropriate time to test? Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 11:23 PM   #2
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Re: 3 time mom has question.....

There are tests out there that allow you to test 3-4 days BEFORE you are late. Personally, myself, I would want to ease my mind so I would recommend getting that test. I am not sure if we are allowed to post a brand name on here or not, so I better nor just in case. Good Luck!!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 05:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User
Re: 3 time mom has question.....

I agree I would suggest getting a test or visiting your doctor just to put your mind at ease. Good luck and lets us know the outcome. take care sweetie

Closed Thread