It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Red face How to MAKE baby move???

Hi all.. I am getting nervous here... I am 33 weeks and have not felt the baby even so much as move a finger.... is there anyway to MAKE a baby move? I tried drinking something really cold and fast and tried laying on my left side... any ideas? Thanks!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:27 PM   #2

Healthmizer HB User
Re: How to MAKE baby move???

have you discussed this with your doctor? are you saying you have not felt the baby move ever? or today? ethier way you should really be hooked up to a moniter as it can track the movements. try drinking some juice and laying down. the idea is to give baby a sugar rush while you lay still. you should be feeling 4 movements an hour. please talk to a doctor ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Oh I have felt TONS of movements in the past... some just this afternoon and early evening... it just seems since the last 6 hours or so.... The thing is.. I have a kidney stone and the pain is, well, to put it bluntly, agony! So, every now and then I take a demerol pill (50mg) to help with the pain and it was about an hour after taking that, that he stopped moving. I know the drug makes him sleepy, I am just not sure. I will try drinking orange juice and see if that works. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Just after I wrote the last message, I JUST felt one kick... oh my gosh what a RELIEF!!! Still, any other ideas would be appreciated in case this happens again. Thanks all!!

Old 04-12-2004, 10:34 PM   #5

Healthmizer HB User

don't be afraid to call the doc or go in. i am sure you know to drink cranberry juice for kidney stones right? it sounds as though he is sleeping. you could try to get on all 4's and let your belly drop a couple of times, my little guy liked that. i could tap where i knew his feet were at and he would tap my hand back. we had our own morris code.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

WOW! That is sweet! A lot of the movements I have now are of the baby pushing instead of good hard kicks as the space is much smaller there for him now.. I seem to be able to feel a lump where he kicks, but I can't make out what body part it is exactly.

I have been told NOT to drink cranberry juice with a stone because the acid levels in it will cause irritation... I thought this odd as cranberry juice actually makes it feel a tiny bit better.

I will try your idea of on all fours and see if that helps. Thanks so much for you help!!

Old 04-13-2004, 04:37 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Platinum33 HB User

Happymom, if you're 33wks pregnant, I'm pretty sure you have been able to distinguish the baby's body parts...even a little??? Well if not, you have definitely felt the baby move. I'm glad to hear that you have started feeling movements again. If I ever get worried because I haven't felt the baby move (most likely because I've been doing a lot of moving myself, or my mind has been somewhere else) I take that time to massage my stomach with the lotion I've been using for stretch marks (to kill two birds with one stone) and while doing that, I gently push on the areas of my belly where I've felt the baby the most. Most of the time, I'll stroke her head or her leg, and she'll gently slide back towards my spine. After a while, she'll give a nice little stretch or kick to reposition herself.

So basically, I'm trying to say that you can make the baby move by touching/gently pushing him/her as well. But once again, congrats!!!
Baby Girl born June 4th @ 9:41pm

Old 04-13-2004, 04:43 AM   #8
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

I am 22 weeks and can feel the baby all the time now but if I get nervous and don't feel it I eat a piece of chocolate and usually within a half an hour I get results. Studies now are saying that eating chocolate while pregnant makes a happier baby.

Siobhan
EDD 8/18/04
It's a Girl

Old 04-13-2004, 05:17 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

Hey! If that's the case then I am going to be having one happy baby!! Plus it makes it that much easier to grab that Snickers bar that keeps calling me to the vending machine...
I agree with all the ladies here, either try and sit still and have something sweet or some orange juice. Something high in sugar to get tha baby going, or change positions, that will work. And I do the same as Platinum, if I rub my belly and kind of press where I've felt him before, then he usually gives me a kick for bugging him... I usually do that at night when I lay down, just tell him good night.

Old 04-13-2004, 06:20 AM   #10
Veteran

DAISY072702 HB User

Hi Happymom, I sometimes have this happen and the exact same thing runs through my head, I'm 32 and a half weeks and I think the baby is running out of significant room to kick and move like we were used to at 25w. But if you feel something is wrong definately call the doctor.
Jackson Eugene born May 21, 2004 @8:15am!!!
8lbs 12.4oz and 21in long!!

Old 04-13-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
(female)

kcferret HB User

Hehe I get mild "panics" about if my little guy is moving enough sometimes too. Just last night I woke up and felt like I was laying wrong and squishing him so I started poking at my belly to wake him up. Sure enough after a little bit of prodding he started whacking me back. Poor little guy. I couldn't sleep again until I felt him though. He's generally really active and now at 37 weeks has flipped upside down and I can see his feet poking out of my belly at times.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User

The one thing that always works for me is a glass of ice water. It seems to work everytime.

Lin
mom to tami 12 years, amanda 21 months, 37 wk 2d pg.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:30 AM   #13

sm4321 HB User

After i eat dinner and then if i want to see the baby move i will lay down flat on my back and he goes to town. Try to eat something and lay down flat on your back.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Thanks for all the advice ladies!! I found the eating and lying flat on my back works! OR, my laptop is in the living room so when I use it, I am sitting on the couch and my stomach is a little squished from this... this will usually make him move a bit. But the lying on the back.. WOW.. and you know, I should have known that because everytime I get hooked up to a fetal monitor and have to lay down on my back, he always moves after about 10 minutes.

I am glad to see I am not the only one that worries this much about it. You have all been great!

Closed Thread