It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 07:42 AM   #1

bbymkr HB User
Lightbulb Sore Nipples

About 2 1/2 weeks ago i had a blood test done and it came out negative . but for the past week i've been having very sore nipples and i have also been lactating. MY last period was 3/17/04. HAs anyone ever not been pregnant and experience producing milk. If so what caused it?

Old 11-25-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

Kyla HB User
Re: Sore Nipples

Have you recently gone off the pill??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

I would like to know the answer to this too. I have never had a baby and I've never been on the pill. is it possible to lactate and not be pg?

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

I know that towards the end (sometimes sooner) of pregnancy your nipples can begin leak, but it's not milk....it's colstrum (Spelling) that's the stuff produced before your milk comes in. the actual Milk comes around 3 days AFTER the baby is born.

I have heard of girls having some kind of infection, and there nipples produciding some kind of substance due to infection....but it's not milk.

I would call your doctor and let them know what's going on.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

My mom still has fluid come from her breasts and her last baby was 25 years ago!! Some medications can cause that. Also, stimulation can cause it. I know a friend that got her nipple pierced and because of the irritation they are tender and sore and fluid leaking out. Her breasts are rock hard like they are getting ready to produce milk. It could also just be from changing medications.

If it last much longer, definately go to a doctor!

Last edited by young momma; 06-21-2005 at 10:06 AM. Reason: sorry, that was in another post. lol

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
(female)

karenshawfl HB User

Hi all.... boy I would sure like to know the answer to this one too. In my posting (menopause pregnancy) I asked the question about sore nipples. Mine have been hurting for almost a week and they are certainly standing at attention like they have never done before. Wish I could answer your question but I will certainly be watching your post to see if there are any answers.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

One of my good friends occassionally produces colostrum. She already has a child who is currently about 7 years old. She is not pregnant.
Gayle

Closed Thread