It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #1

drewtou HB User
Corpus Luteum Cyst ?????????

I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and got up at 2 AM with severe pain on the right side. I thought and so did the MD that I was having gallbladder troubles. They did an US and we saw the baby and heartbeat (WOW) then went to the right side and she said "I think this is your problem" Have any of you had this? To go along with it, I have a yeast infection and a bacterial infection. I didn't even know I had a problem with these. She gave me tylenol #3 to take for the pain, I really don't want to take it, but feel I have no other choice. I have a 3 year old and have to be able to function for him. Does anyone know how long this cyst may last? Any info you have will be helpful. Thanks

EDD 11-28-04

Old 04-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Corpus Luteum Cyst ?????????

Actually every pregnancy has them until the cord forms,it is to support the pregnancy until then. But sometimes they get too big and can cause problems. With my second pregnancy this happened and I was told no sex,no pelvic activity,and no orgasms. That was hard for us since I have a high drive and when pregnant Dh cant keep his hands off me. But I was told that until they gave me the ok which would happen if the cyst burst or if it went away. Mine burst and I can tell you that is the scariest thing I have ever been through while pregnant. I thought I was having a miscarriage. After that I was fine and the pregnancy carried on without a hitch.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #3
Inactive

miseryweeps HB User

My OB nurse told me at my first visit that they WANT you to get this. She said that it supplies needed progesterone to the baby. She said they hurt, but that in the long run it can help with baby's development. So I guess it's worth the pain. Take Tylenol to ease cramping...

Old 04-16-2004, 10:57 AM   #4
Inactive

miseryweeps HB User

That is the impression I was given. Check with your nurse or doctor to make sure...

Old 04-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #5

Navywife22 HB User

Because I had a previous miscarriage and my progesterone levels were a little low with this pregnancy, my doctor put me on progesterone until I was 12 weeks along. She said that there is no need to take progesterone after 12 weeks because that is when the placenta is formed and starts making its own progesterone.
If you are worried about your hormone levels your doctor can do blood work and check everything out.

Closed Thread