It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #1

jamie31 HB User
Fun ways to tell your DH you're pregnant!!! Any ideas?

Some of you may know, others may not, that me and DH are planning to start trying to concieve #1 in about 4 months. I am really excited about it, I have had baby fever for so long now, but I have been in nursing school so it wasn't a good time. But I just completed my 3rd year yesterday!! So in the fall I will start my last year of nursing school, so in about October, I am going to start TTC!!!
It's really exciting for me and this baby will be the first grandchild on both sides of our family. I know it's going to be a big event in our families.
When I do get PG, I want to tell DH in a fun and exciting way, but I am not all that creative when it comes to stuff like that.
Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

How did you break the news to your DHs? And if you have any cute ideas, please share!!

Also, after breaking the news to DH, what are some cute, fun ways to tell our families? Any ideas?

Thanks so much, this will really help me out.......and it's a fun thread too!!

I look foward to your responses!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #2

jenyfer24 HB User
Re: Fun ways to tell your DH you're pregnant!!! Any ideas?

Well, DH and I are TTC now, so I was hoping to find out I am pregnant before father's day and if so...I thought it would be cute to get a fathers day card for a soon to be daddy! As for telling the rest of the family, if you find out you are pregnant around mothers day or fathers day you could do something like that. I am not really sure about any other ways you could do it. I always said I would want to wait to tell the family until I was further along, but I don't think I would have the will power to keep it from them. If you were to get an ultrasound done before you tell everyone, you could do something with the picture of the baby to tell the family...but I'm not sure what! Guess I could use a little help with ideas from everyone else as well as you can!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 07:30 PM   #3

FIREWIFE HB User
Cool Re: Fun ways to tell your DH you're pregnant!!! Any ideas?

HEY!

I Have a really great way that I want to do when I get pregnant to tell DH!
and Family!

My Dh is a firefighter so there are days when he isn't home! So when I find out I am going to go up to the bakery up the street that we both love and have them make a cake that says Congrats your a Daddy! and put it in the fridge when he comes home I will act like I am busy and ask him to get me something out of the fridge!
or if it is around X-mas
the firehouse always has a X-mas party and they have one of the guys play santa every year and he hands out some joke gifts to the guys! Well I am going to have him hand my DH a baby bottle!

as far as telling the family
we have decided that we don't want the fighting about who was told first! so we are going to throw a BBQ or Just a dinner (we do this alot) and give them each a gift (a little box) and have baby shoes and or a bib in the gift with a note that says "Just to let you know we need this back"

Just thought those were cutie Ideas! hope they help!!

TTC 1 1/2 years

Old 05-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

chezlux HB User

I called and asked my husband what his plans were for around the time of the due date. Ofcourse, he made some funny comment and made fun of me for asking about
something so far in advance and then there was a long pause and he got it!! I could not wait until he got home from work. I just had to call!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 01:08 PM   #5

qwerty74781 HB User

i already have it planned out in my head. I am going to get a small box, put a small teddy bear in it wearing a "#1 Daddy" t-shirt, than wrap it, put it in a bigger box, wrap that and place in a bigger box!

Old 05-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #6

lufour HB User

I told my DH when we went away for our anniversary which is a week before his b'day. He couldn't figure out why I brought so much luggage since I am normally a good traveller & usually never have to check anything. What he did not know was that I took along some wrapped gifts that I sprung on him saying that not only was it our anniversary but since it was his b'day in a few days I wanted to celebrate that as well.

The first present he opened was a polo shirt that I had made saying "I'm going to be a DADDY". The second was a frame with the ultra sound picture in it. There was also a daddy survival kit and a book for expectant dads. He thought it was a cruel joke at first when he opened the shirt box. He loved it. We even bought the baby her first "Hard Rock t-shirt".

We waited until I was 3 months along to tell work & family. I had to tell them at work then due to morning sickness & my parents were planning a 2 week cruise around the due date & I had to stop them (for their sake. It's only their 3rd grandchild & the others are teenagers.) I had wanted to tell them in a special way & in person but I ended up having to call them so they would not put $$ down toward the trip they were planning.

Good luck to you!! Hope it all goes as planned (when you decide how)!!

Old 05-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User

My DH and I had TTC for 2 years, and in August of last year my period was late. After about 5 days I decided to take a pregnancy test at work. I was extremely surprised when it turned up positive. I left work soon after, still in shock, and went to the store and bought a clear baby bottle. I put the pregnancy test inside and then wrapped it in a gift bag and took it home. My DH didn't suspect a thing, and when I came in the house, I told him I wanted to show him something. He still didn't think anything of the bag because we had my cousin's wedding shower to go to that night, so he thought it was a gift for her. We went to our bedroom and I handed him the bag, and when he pulled the bottle out and saw the test, he first thought it was a gag gift. Then he understood and freaked out. He started crying and hugging me. It was so sweet.

Now we are the proud parents of 12 day old Addyson.

As for telling other people, we let our 8 year old do it. It made her feel like a part of things from the very beginning.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:44 AM   #8

andrea8098 HB User

I have always wanted to tell him by cooking a very special meal. A meal that consisted of baby back ribs, baby corn, baby peas,exc... Then I thought he may just think I have lost my mind and not really get it. I also thought of having a few of my friends who have children to join us for an afternoon and take pictures of him with each of the children, then have them each give him a diaper, bottle, bib, and finally I would give him the test. I would then take the photo's and put them in a scrap book as dad's first baby shower!

Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 AM   #9

greeksiren HB User

Boy, these ideas are all so wonderful... I wish I had been able to WAIT to tell my DH - but it didn't work out that way. He KNEW I was testing... by the way, this JUST HAPPENED about half an hour ago. I woke up from a dream where I tested positive and I told him in the dream and he said "whatever". I woke up and was soooo mad at him! So I took my temp and it indicated I should test... I tested and it was BFP right away! I couldn't think of anything creative to do at 4 a.m. haha... so I went and showed him the test instantly. Now I'm so excited I can't sleep! I wish I had the strength to wait like all of you gals and tell him in some creative way! Really good ideas on this post

Closed Thread