It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #1

kmerriman HB User
How active should baby be at 27 weeks??

I am 27 weeks and do feel the baby move but some days it seems like more than others. Sometimes, I can go hours during the day where I really don't feel anything. Then it will be like an hour of movement then stop again. Does anyone know how active the baby should be at this point??

Old 05-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User
Re: How active should baby be at 27 weeks??

I am 27 wks as well and have had the same concerns. I mentioned it to my doctor and he said that if I am very busy, I probably won't notice it. Also, babies sometimes have active days, other times lazy days. He suggested that i drink some OJ and lay down in a dark, silent room for a half an hour. If I don't feel at least three movements in a half an hour, I should stay there for another half hour (because the bay may have been sleeping for that half hour) and see if I feel three movements. If I feel nothing, then there is cause for concern. He suggested that I do this anytime I feel like I have gone a period of time having felt no movement. When I do, I usually do feel the movements and feel much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #3

1st timer HB User

My Dr. told me that from 28 weeks on, you should track the babies movement. He said a general guide to go by is 10 kicks/movement in a 2 hour span.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #4

kmerriman HB User

Thanks guys! I was so glad the first time I felt the baby move. I thought good now I don't have to worry. But then you just start worrying about something new! Now I worry he's not moving enough! Maybe at 27 weeks the kicks aren't as strong as they will become so if I am working and concentrating on other things I won't notice them as much. By the way, since writing this (10 minutes) the baby has kicked five times, so I guess he's ok.

COLORADOGIRL1: When is your due date? I am due the 17th of August. I can't wait! How much weight have you gained? I've gained about 18 pounds so far.

Old 05-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

I'm due on the 15th. I, too have gained 18 pounds (maybe more by now). As I said in another post, I am only five feet tall, so it feels like a tremendous amount of weight to hve put on. I'm excited too to have the baby but I worry so much. I don't think it will be real to me until I hold him in my arms and he is alive and healthy.

Two more things - the doc said that if your placenta is in the front, it might cushion the kicks so that you don't feel them that much. I don't have that, but maybe you do.

Also, I find that the weridest foods will set the baby off going crazy kicking. I had a hot chocolate one day and he went nuts for like an hour. Anything with a lot sugar will do it. I don't want to keep eating sugar though just to check on him. Also, for some reason, salad does it too.

Old 05-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #6

kmerriman HB User

I am 5 foot 7, started off at about 123 and am weighing in about 141. I really didn't notice too much of a difference, just in belly boobs and face, until I went shopping last weekend for a dress to wear to a wedding. The dresses I was trying on really accentuated how my body shape has changed!

I have noticed same things about food. My baby loves cookies!

I try not to worry, I just pray a lot when I start getting too stressed out. I'm sure everything will be fine for both of us!

Closed Thread