It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #1

bluefish HB User
Question about Inverted Uterus

Hello,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several months and was recently told by my doctor that I have an inverted or retroverted uterus. Basically that means that it is positioned in the opposite direction than normal. She told me that this could make it more difficult for me to conceive, however suggested that after sex that I lay with a pillow under my stomach to help the sperm reach my cervical opening better. I was just wondering if anyone else has successfully conceived with an inverted (retroverted) uterus and what, if anything special did you do to help.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
(female)

kbshorty HB User
Wink Re: Question about Inverted Uterus

Dear Bluefish,

Here's some good news...I ended up pregnant with my daughter the month I quit taking birth control, and I also have a retroverted uterus. My husband and I did nothing special such as pillows to ensure conception. Just keep trying. There's hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User
Re: Question about Inverted Uterus

I also have a retroverted uterus. I am now 30 weeks 3 days pregnant. DH and I werent trying or using any protection and ended up pregnant. We didnt use any pillows or anything. Try to have him enter from behind and that might help. It gets the sperm swimming in the right direction. Good luck.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
(female)

scrappin HB User

I also have this and other than the doc having trouble finding my cervix, it posed no conception difficulties.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I also have this and thought that it might hinder my chances of conception but it didnt. i now have a 2 1/2 month old dd. We had tried what the PP suggested but on the night i actually got pg(i know cause we were charting) we didnt do anything special at all and i finally ended up pregnant. It shouldnt be a problem. Just keep trying and good luck!!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
(female)

emily2tx HB User

I have not had any problems with fertility either- 3 great kids! Good luck!- relax!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

marriot HB User

My doctor assures me that having a retroverted uterus is completely normal and actually very common. About 25% of women have this -- it's like being left handed. She told me it has nothing to do with fertility, pregnancy, or even delivery. In fact, it often corrects itself during or after pregnancy.
Not to worry! I'm about 4 and 1/2 weeks along.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
(female)

nikky17 HB User

Is Inverted Uterus the same as a retroverted or retroflexed uterus. I have a inverted uterus and that sounds much worse than a retroverted uterus. I wish i knew what this meant. It scares me so much. If anybody knows for sure if its the same thing or if its not, please let me know. There isnt a lot of info out there about inverted uteruses' but there is a little bit about retroflexed uteruses' . Thank you

Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
(female)

bkats HB User

I am pregnant for the second time in a year (we sadly lost the first to miscarriage but nothing to do with my inverted uterus). Getting pregnant has been the easy part for me - we did nothing special at all and got pregnant both times immediately. The only noticeable issue with having an inverted uterus is that I looked big very quickly. Apparently that's due to the size/shape/position of the uterus. I didn't even know I had an inverted uterus until the first time the OB-GYN tried to hear the heartbeat. He told me it was inverted, I asked what that meant in terms I could understand and he said 'well it will mean trying to find the heartbeat will be tough'. That's the only time it's even been mentioned to me. Good luck!

Closed Thread