It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

Amy_D HB User
Talking Labour Signs

I am 38 weeks pregnant this week, and i take every little sign into consideration (i know i shouldn't) but is loose bowel movements a sign that labour could be on it's way? I have had some cramping yesturday, nothing major, but today i have had loose bowel movements, sorry if TMI, it's not diareha but looser than a normal movement. I just don't know all the signs of labour other than cramping, any advice would be so great! Thanx in advance!
Amy_D

Old 06-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #2

maldred HB User
Re: Labour Signs

I just read some where today that diarrea(SP) could be a sign of labor. It's the body's way of cleaning itself out to get ready for all the hoopla. I don't remember what website I read it on, though. Hope that helps. Melanie
#1 edd 8/13

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #3

Gatormom HB User

Congratulations on your upcoming new little one! I have seen women have some bowel changes either a few days before or during labor, but not everyone. And, you could have bowel changes that don't mean anything concerning starting labor. What I'd do is pay attention (it sounds like you are!) to how you feel and gradually you'll see more "signs." If you had any serious diahrea I'd give the doctor's office a call. I expect you'll feel some contractions coming and going - - and perhaps see some vaginal "show" when you go to the toilet in the next week or two. Or, your water could break first. Isn't it fun that we never know exactly what order mother nature is going to put on her show? It's such an exciting time and when it is really getting going, you'll know. Best of luck! Kiss the baby for me.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
Veteran

Comptons HB User

Hi Amy! I'm 37 weeks and I'm have loose bowel movements and slight cramping as well. I also read somewhere that diarhea can be a sign that labor is on its way. For me, however, I still have yet to feel any contractions (not even Braxton Hicks). So - who knows? I go back to the doctor next Tuesday and hopefully my body has begun to make some progress. Good Luck!

Closed Thread