It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

walflower2 HB User
Question 18 weeks and losing weight

So, I went to the doc last week and they told me that I had lost 9 pounds since my last appointment (4 weeks prior) and I had lost 6 pounds the appointment before that. I had morning sickness at the begining of the pregnancy but nothing at all since before my last appointment. I haven't been trying to limit my food intake in anyway but I still can't seem to gain weight. I checked today (a week and 2 days since my appointment) hoping to see that I had gained at least a pound but nothing. I am exactly the same weight. I was normal weight before I got pregnant (maybe a tiny bit overweight) 5'7" and 150 pounds. Before I got pregnant I would try to diet and exercise and I had a very difficult time losing any weight. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what was the cause??? I am really starting to get worried about it. thanks for your help

Old 07-28-2004, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User
Re: 18 weeks and losing weight

In the first 20 or so weeks of my last pregnancy i lost about 30lbs....my doctor was not too pleased. Not that i couldn't stand to lose the weight, but my weight loss had gone beyond what she considered to be normal considering i really didn't have any morning sickness, just food adversions. there are several reasons for the weight loss, i believe, i had no appetite at all, meat made me want to throw up (every kind of meat), sugary things made me feel gross (with the exception of granola bars), so for the first 20wks i lived off of fruits, veggies, and peanut butter toast, eventually my appetite returned to normal.The baby always grew fine and was 8lbs 6oz, i gained about 30lbs by the time i had her, i weighed less after having her than i did before i got pregnant. Chances are you will gain the weight back eventually, what i would watch more than the weight gain itself is, how is the baby growing from appointment to appointment, at 20wks you should be feeling some movement, if not than you will be shortly, that can be a gauge on how well the baby is doing. When you eat make sure you are eating healthy things, so that atleast you know the baby is getting what he/she needs reguardess of your weight loss. And of course take your vitamins.
If you haven't had an ultrasound yet you will be soon i would assume, that will tell if the baby is doing good and growing well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread