It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2004, 03:03 PM   #1

PJ1126 HB User
question about Drs appts after 30 wks

I'm 29 weeks & heading into the every-two-weeks visits, then weekly visits after that. Just wondering a few things. Do you have any ultrasounds after that point? When do the doctors start checking things internally (pelvic as opposed to just measuring your belly, listening to the heartbeat, etc)?

Thanks....

Old 07-30-2004, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: question about Drs appts after 30 wks

I have been going every two week and that is just measurements and heartrate stuff. I think they start the plevic exams when you start going weekly. I don't know for sure though. This is my first baby and i don't start weekly until mid august. I think that is the way it goes. Once you start weekly you are around 35 weeks (at least i will be)and at that point they say it's safe for baby at that time to come. So i think they start checking you then to see if anything is going on. I started my every two week appointments a while ago. I think around 25 weeks or a little sooner. I can't rememeber, but i know i have been going every two weeks for a little while now. Any way good luck with your pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User

Hi, Im 38 weeks now, and started going for the two week apt. at 32 weeks. I didn't receive my first cervical exam until this week when I started to experience labor pains. From my understanding, unless you're experiencing signs of premature labor or think you're having contractions, they dont do a cervical until you're considered full term at 38 weeks. I was given an ultrasound at 36 weeks because Im scheduled for induction this Thursday and they always do one up to 2 weeks before you give birth to make sure everything ok and the babys in position, not that she still can't change that.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #4

Navywife22 HB User

I am 33 weeks and will just start seeing the Doctor every two weeks the next time I go. I was going 4 weeks, last time 3 weeks, and now I go back at two weeks. Since the babies lungs arenít fully developed until 37 weeks, most donít consider the baby ready for birth until then. Most books, articles, and Doctors consider anything before 38 weeks to be preterm.
I will have an ultrasound at 36/37 weeks to determine the size and position of the baby. I think having an ultrasound at this point depends on your Dr and your insurance. A lot of insurances will only pay for one unless it is medically necessary.
As Ahall said, unless there are problems they donít do an internal until about 37 -38 weeks.

Closed Thread