It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #1

brandy82 HB User
Red face Short but heavy...does it mean pregnancy?

Hello everyone. I posted about a month ago concerning pregnancy...I was unsure about whether i was or not. I took 3 tests all came up negative, but thought maybe i did them too early. I was waiting a week or so until i took another one, but then i got my period. It lasted from 7-15 to 7-18 (light bleeding on 7-19). It was a heavy period(i usually can use a regular tampon and not have a problem) I was changing a regular tampon every two hours, and a tampon was not lasting through the night. I didn't think anything of it, until i was told that you can still have a period and be pregnant. I didn't think that i could be pregnant and still have a heavy period!!! I'm just looking for some words of advise from some people who might have had this happen. Thanks so much!

Old 07-31-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: Short but heavy...does it mean pregnancy?

the chance of you still being pregnant after having a heavy period is pretty slim. if you want to know for sure go get a blood test which measures the HcG (hormone produced with pregnancy). it is VERY accurate so you can put your mind at ease with those results.

also FYI- wearing a tampon at night (8 hours or more) can lead to toxic shock syndrome, a potentially fatal condition. bacteria builds up as soon as the tampon goes in and the heavier the bleeding the more chance for bacteria build up. i use tampons, (well used to) but only durring the day and only for 5 hours max before changing. the only reason i say this is because i had no idea that TSS could be so bad, but a girl that i knew actually died from this. i don't know how long she left the tampon in, but it did happen. also, if you think you might be pg, tampons are not to be used for the same bacteria threat.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 AM   #3

nsanta HB User

This is VERY similar to what I'm going through! Any BFPs yet? Keep me updated please. I posted at Pregnant or Crazy?

Old 08-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #4

brandy82 HB User

I have not as of yet taken another test....i have had some cramping, but no breast soreness or morning sickness...if i was pregnant i would be in my 5th week according to when i did "the deed"...if I have any other symptoms i will test...but since i was told if it's heavy you're not pregnant. Also, i can't remember the last time i slept for a whole 8 hours....so i'm not worried about my tampon wearing habits...thanks for your concern.

Closed Thread