It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Wink Other ways to tell dh your pregnant!!

Wake up, 12dpo, pee on an opk. Very faint, definitely not dark enough to be a positive opk. Sulk around while dh is still upstairs sleeping. Decide that you really should have taken an actual hpt. Squeeze out a few more drops of tinkle into a dixie cup. Drop three drops onto the test (cassette style, from doctors office). Get disappointed when the reference line appears clear and dark, but no test line.

Go downstairs and sulk somemore. Eat leftovers from dinner last night. Walk to computer to type about your BFN, take one last look at test.

HOLY CRAPPOLY!!!! THERE IS A LINE!!! A faint one, but there is a line there. Dance up the stairs bounce into bed, shove the hpt is dh's face and say "Do you see the line?!?!?!?"

Well, that's just my suggestion because THAT'S WHAT I DID TODAY!!! I'M PREGNANT (again)!!!!!

PLEASE STICK LITTLE TINY BABY!!!!

Old 08-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User
Re: Other ways to tell dh your pregnant!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I'm soooooooooooo excited for you!! STICK LITTLE BEAN STICK!!

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!

like i said, if there is ANYTHING you need to talk about let me know because as you know, we have been, and are in the same boat again.

i am so happy for you!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #4

WildSigns HB User

Yeah!!!!! congratulations Lawgirl!!!!
the same thing happened to me when I first took the test, a teeny faint line, so didn't think much of it, a hour later I thought hmmmm.....took it out of the trash and my jaw hit the floor.......
congratulations !!!

Old 08-01-2004, 08:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Thank you for all the kind words and support, everyone. I still can't believe it. I will feel MUCH better when I see a darker test. AF is due tomorrow, and in my mind I'm still half expecting her to show. If I can make it through tomorrow, and test again on Tuesday so I can get a darker line, I know I will relax a bit more. It just doesn't feel real yet. I'm thinking of buying one of those digital tests- the ones that actually say "Pregnant" when they are positive, just so I can keep reminding myself it's real!

Last edited by Lawgirl; 08-01-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

i would imagine by now you have spent a lot of $$ of HPT's and OPK? you should write doen how much you did spend so you can show your little bugger how much you wanted him/her. i wanted one of those digital read out kind too, cause i think you can keep it and put it in a scrap book.

you are probably wondering why i am up at 5:30 am? because i am sooooo stopped up that i can't see straight. i took a ducolax last night and all i feel is bowel cramps, very little has happened this far. plus i am so nauseated that i just want to curl up in a ball.......ah, the pretty side of pregnancy.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2004, 05:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

CONGRATULATIONS I am so happy for you
Have a healthy and happy 9 months

Old 08-02-2004, 06:25 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Nyxin, on thing I have discovered is these things called Naked Juices. They are soooo tasty delicious, if a litttle expensive. They are packaged in approx. 20oz, individual serving sizes, and all it is is mushed up fruit (it tastes SO much better than I am describing it). They have a blueberry flavor that is PACKED with folic acid, and the one bottle has over 60% of your daily fiber intake. I was having a tough time last week and had a bowl of raisin bran at home, and then a cup of coffee and the juice once I got to work. Problem solved! Of course, it sounds like you're worse off than that right now, but in the future if you feel it coming on, that juice is great, tastes great, and has lots of vitamins in it.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks for the tip, i love smoothies/friut things. i will have to look into that. i have had about 3 little b/m from about 4:00 to now, so i think things are getting moving. i worry about the folic acid thing too. i couldn't tke both my vitamins yesterday because i was so sick, but i did get the daily allowance of folic acid.

i am really happy for ya!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread