It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #1

shortchicka_23 HB User
Youth Pregnacy

My friend got pregnant at the age of sixteen. She had everything going for her but her parents thought it was going to kill her if she had this baby. His parents on the other hand siad they would accpet both of them and stand by them with any decision they chose. What do you think they should've done?

Old 08-02-2004, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: Youth Pregnacy

You werent clear on this...what choice did they make?? I feel that the girl should have made whatever choice SHE wanted...as it is HER baby. Given that his parents are going to be supportive, that would be a big help. As far as her parents, I dont know them, but I tell ya, most parents are majorly mad if you get pg at a young age, but they do grow to love that child once they have seen them and held them in their arms. If she decides to have the baby, I strongly advise her to continue with her education, so that she can better provide for herself, as well as for her child in the future. Life isnt as easy as teenagers think it is...the more education you have, the better off you will be in living a life to where you dont have to struggle daily and not know where your next meal will come from. It is very tough for one to live on $25,000 a year....that may sound like a lot of money--but TRUST me it isnt!!! My husband makes $45,000 a year, we have 2 kids, and we have the basic bills, $500 a month house payment, car insurance, home insurance, power, phone, cable, groceries and gas. There is something ALWAYS popping up unexpectedly....and we find ourselves struggling much of the year. So, truly, unless you are making more than that, you can expect yourself to have to do without a lot, unless you plan on charging everything you want. We do not charge things, as we dont like to be in debt..so we get things we want here and there, once we have saved up enough to get it. If we do happen to have to charge something, we pay it off IMMEDIATELY!!! Life is very tough out there, so she needs to make sure she is ready and willing to make all kinds of sacrifices. Having kids is a great experience and wish I could do it again, but unfortunately, I cant. I wish her the best of luck in whatever decision she makes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #3

mostone516 HB User
Re: Youth Pregnacy

I also got pregnant at 16, and at 17. We got married, I finished school and got a good job. Although I am divorced from him now and remarried I would have not changed it for the world. I made my bed and lied down in it, and believe me it wasn't easy-but it is now, I have two BEAUTIFUL children to thank for it.

Closed Thread