It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #1

1st timer HB User
40 weeks and 2 days...

And MISERABLE. Went to the Dr. for an exam on Friday and said I am still completely closed up. This baby does not want to come out. I and tired and my knees are KILLING me. They are not used to supporting all this extra weight. Anyway, I have an ultrasound on Wednesday to check the fluids and everything to make sure baby is OK to stay inside until I'm ready to go. I don't think my chances of going on my own are looking good anymore. The way the Doc makes is sound is that my cervex just doesn't want to open. GREAT. Anyone else having this problem?????? I just need some positive feedback. I really don't want to wait 2 more weeks :-{

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
Veteran

DAISY072702 HB User
Re: 40 weeks and 2 days...

I had my baby 2 weeks early but just to give you some hope, I had my 38w check up on a Thursday morning I wasn't dialated or anything and I was very depressed. Thursday afternoon I left work went home and sat down on the toilette and my water broke!!!!! So it can happen going from nothing to something sooner than you think. I know your sore and tired, but have you tried walking?
Jackson Eugene born May 21, 2004 @8:15am!!!
8lbs 12.4oz and 21in long!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User
Re: 40 weeks and 2 days...

My son was due May 5, 2001 and did not deign to make his appearance until May 19. Exactly 2 weeks late. It was the longest, most uncomfortable 2 weeks of my life, so I sympathize more than you know! I was induced and started out at 1 cm and 50% effaced. It took a long time but it was worth it to get him OUT! Hopefully that won't be the case for you. I've learned one thing. Call/go by the doctor's office once or twice a day and cry over your discomfort. They'll induce after about the 4th call. My friend knew my story and vowed not to go thru what I did so she used the annoyance techinique and it worked!! This time, I made my dr WRITE DOWN in my chart that I will have an u/s at 39 weeks, and if the baby is big enough (which is likely since my son weighed 9 lbs) they will induce me on or before my due date. Luckily, he agreed that no one should have to go that late. Has your dr done an u/s to check the size of the baby? They gain like a pound in 2 weeks after your due date! I would try getting an u/s if you havne't already and then employing the annoyance techinique. 40 weeks is long enough. Good luck!

Closed Thread