It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #1

ana_27 HB User
Am I being paranoid?

During the middle of July, my boyfriend and I got back together after being separated for 3 months. We had sex for the first time in 3 months on July 15th. We then proceeded to have sex more or less every other day since except for when I had my period which was last week. I got my period one and a half weeks after we got back together. Right before that, I noticed a bit of a different smell from my vagina. I've had a bacterial infection before and it wasn't quite like that.. not as strong and no other symptom. Just a strong smell... I thought my period would clear it but it hasn't. I had my period, although it was lighter than usual and it was mostly red blood throughout, not increasingly brown the way it usually is. My period ended 4 days ago and since then I've been feeling nauseous... usually just a little.. today all day but not heavy. Just enough to know it's there. I haven't throw up or anything. I also still have a bit of that smell. It's most noticeable after having sex. I'm thinking I might have an infection and have booked a doctor's appointment but can it be possible that I'm pregnant? The earliest date of impregnation would be July 15th and that's less than 3 weeks away. Would I already feel symptoms after only 2 weeks? I've been pregnant once before and didn't feel anything until after a missed period so around 5 or 6 weeks along. I know it's possible to be pregnant and still have a period. I haven't taken a test yet because I'm too scared. I'm thinking I might tonight... If a doctor is giving me a pap, would she be able to tell if I was pregnant 3 weeks along?

Forgot to mention that I've been on the pill and have taken it religiously. I did however notice that last month I was one pill short. I think I may have taken 2 in one day.

Last edited by ana_27; 08-03-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 04:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User
Re: Am I being paranoid?

it sounds like to me you have nothing to worry about....

Old 08-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #3

ana_27 HB User

I hope you are right. I took a home pregnancy test last night and it was negative. However, the pharmacist said it would only be accurate if I was about 4 weeks or more along. I would only be about 3 weeks. I bought a 2-in-1 so I will test again in a week or two.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

As for symptoms yes it's possible to have them that soon. I had them atleast a week prior to when my period was due. So DH knew even before I did that odds were I was preggers.

I'd say based on what you said though your probably ok....just express your concerns with your DR and they can give you a blood test....

Closed Thread