It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
is it normal...

to be not excited about being pregnant? I have tried to be and want to be, however it is quite difficult when I know that at least one person close to us is not happy about it. I know I shouldn't really concern myself with that and just enjoy it, but it is so difficult, I am 12/13 weeks along and just don't think I will ever get happy about it. I am always wondering or worrying about what she may think or may say about something I do. My boyfriend feels the same,and also finds it difficult to be happy when we both are aware of the issues she is or was having. It's kind of funny how one bad reaction can spoil it all for us. I just wish I could do something to make it easier for her. I don't know, maybe it's just those darn horomones. Thanks for listening and any input would be great. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Re: is it normal...

HI, when I became preg. with our 2nd, MANY people were not happy because they were SO close together in age. I even had my husbands Grandmother call me and chew me out one day on the phone, telling me that this child was not going to be a blessing and the famous "why did you do it" Q. Of course this upset me, and made me sad, but I knew that she was wrong.
ALL children are blessing no matter what place you are in your life, even if you are not excited right now, it will come. Maybe that is why we are preg. for 9months, so we have that time to adjust and get excited. You are right to say that it does not matter what other people think or say, but I know it still hurts and bothers us. Try to keep your spirit up, because how you are emotionally effects the baby. We are here to listen if youwant to talk.
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

I know it's hard when someone is really ruining the time for you. My mother in law has been that way. First it was with our wedding 3 years ago. At first she acted happy and then the closer our wedding date got the more she wasn't happy and wouldn't talk to me. She is fine now, until the baby. She has been telling me since we got married to wait for children, she wasn't ready to be a grandma, she would also say that her boyfriend 2 daughters have two little boys and that she wanted us to wait until they where older. She needed to give them her time and wanted us to wait until they where older because so our baby could have her time once they where older. Now our baby is coming in Sept 20th. She has been here and there since we got pregnant. I have voice those concerns to my husband and he has said something to her. You know how in laws go. Try not to think of that person and be happy. You are getting close to the most wonderful part of pregnancy. I am sure that will help. Soon you will be hearing babys heartbeat,feeling movement, doing ultrasounds. This is a wonderful time. I beat once you have experience some or all of this your feelings will change. Good Luck.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #4

awm HB User

I'm so sorry that someone is "raining on your parade". This should be one of the most memorable times in your life and I wish you all happy memories. One thing I do want to say and, of course, I can't speak for whoever is doing this to you but, I found out my brothers's girlfriend is pregnant. And trust me he isn't ready for this (I don't know the girl so I can't say if she is). They are young and he is VERY immature. Honestly after hearing your story I kinda feel bad but I did give him the "what where you thinking" speech. So my point is I love my brother dearly. I only want the best for him but I'm not thrilled about the idea. I do promise you this though, when the baby comes I will love him/her every bit as much as I love my brother. So maybe it will be the same with your "not happy about it" friend. I wish you all the best and I hope that this person gets on board and joins your happy parade!!

Old 08-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

After a long phone conversation she is trying to be happy and feels bad for making me feel this way. All in all I guess I should just concentrate on me and making sure my baby is healthy. Thanks for the replies.

Closed Thread