It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #1

Goofy45 HB User
Talking Special ways to tell your Mom and Dad that your pregnant

Hello, I think I'm Prego, so just in case I want to get ideas on how to tell my mom and dad and mother in law that we are prego. So I want to do something that is inexpensive and not carried away, but special. Does anyone have any ideas...
And ideas to tell the husband, I was thinking about taking a home prego test and if + put it in a box wrap it and give to him as a gift... how does that sound??

Please all suggestion will be very helpful!! Thanks, Shay

Old 08-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Special ways to tell your Mom and Dad that your pregnant

"Ways to tell DH you're pregnant"..this post and "other ways to tell your dh.." can be found on the second page of the pregnancy board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

My mom guessed cause we've only been married 2 months and it's waaaaay early I was dreading telling her....so nothing special there.

for DHs family we had wedding pictures to take to them so I also got a small box and a few baby clothes folded them up and taped an HPT inside of the neck of one so they would see it easily.

MIL's reaction was priceless...jumping up and down and everything ...

Old 08-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Angela4 HB User

For my mom, I called her one day (she lives about an hour away and I couldn't keep it in til the next time I saw her) and said; 'Grandma?' when she picked up the phone. She was like; 'I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong number.' And I go; 'No, I'm sure I have the right number, is this Grandma?' Then she got it and started crying. It was neat!

Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I asked my parents "what are you doing on April 11?" And they both got a little serious and started saying things like "Why, is that Easter? Is that a Saturday?" I then told them they should plan on attending a birthday party around that date. Another good idea is to mail them a gift pack with a bottle and some diapers or something, and a note that says "We may be needing these when we visit."

Just a thought...

Old 08-04-2004, 01:19 AM   #6
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User

I went and bought 2 little new born baby sleepers which cost only about 8$ together. One was blue and one was pink, well I then put it in a gift bag with some pretty tissue paper and gave it to my mother on her birthday. She picked up the outfits and was so excited. My husband told his mom by buying a bib that said I love my Grandma, well he put it in a little gift bag and gave it to her and she was excited. Good Luck to you!!

Closed Thread