It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 10:15 AM   #1

nsanta HB User
Question Pregnant or Crazy?

Help Me! I've officially decided that I'm one of three things: Pregnant, Crazy, or suffering from some illness!

Here's my tale: I'm fairly regular, but don't pay a huge amount of attention. DH and I are not actively TTC, but are currently in discussions as to "if and when". July 17th we had unprotected sex early in the evening. A few hours later, as I was drifting off to sleep, I sat bolt upright in bed, and just "KNEW" that we had conceived. A sort of panic (not a bad panic - more of an OH MY GD! panic) came over me, and I just knew. I eventually drifted back to sleep and the same thing happened AGAIN!!!

Ok, next day, I tell DH. He knows my psychic tendencies can be pretty accurate and doesn't even think I'm crazy. I start doing some research and turns out, I now know that I had tons of signs that told me I was O'ing on or about 7/17.

So why am I now crazy? My last cycle started 6/28. They normal last at LEAST 7 days. I started to spot 7/21, and then Very Very Heavy 7/23 &7/24 and then I was done. Very not normal for me. Since, I have been sort of nauseated daily from noon til 4 or so, and have lower abdominal cramps, or what I call "an awareness of organs". At 17 dpo all the HPTs have been BFNs, but I stil can't shake the "I just KNOW" feeling! I'm actually considering going to see a shrink at this point. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Last edited by nsanta; 08-04-2004 at 10:20 AM.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Pregnant or Crazy?

I don't know that much about them, but you could have had a chemical pregnancy.

A chemical pregnancy occurs when you have a BFP (your instinct), but later get a BFN. The bleeding could have been a miscarriage since it wasn't normal, but from what I have read the period is normally longer than usual in a chemical pregnancy. However, a chemical pregnancy means that you and your dh are fertile and you have good chance of conceiving.

I don't think you are crazy. There are lots of women who think they are pregnant when they aren't.

Last edited by blue_eyed_girl; 08-04-2004 at 10:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

I don't think your crazy either!! Also too I have read on here where quite a few women have bfn for a while before they get that bfp.....your hormones may not be up to the level where the hpt can detect it yet....also I had a friend who had af or was like af for 7 months before she found out that she was 7 months pregnant!! So you never know. And I agree with blue-eyed, this may be a sign that you are fertile so just keep your fingers and toes crossed and good luck.....let us know what happens!!
**Baby dust**

Flutter

Old 08-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #4

nsanta HB User

Thanks for the replies! I'm really out of my mind. For someone who wasn't even sure they were ready, this has been a very nerve-racking two-weeks.
My sister has me convinced that my pg symptoms are in my head - because I have Baby-itis. Which kinda ticks me off, but now I don't know what's real and what's imagined.

Is there anyway they can test me to find out if I did have a chemical pregnancy?

Is it possible I just have low hcg? It seems like every website has different ranges.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

There isn't a way to tell you had a chemical pregnancy, unless you did miscarry and have a D&C. Pregnancy is tested by the hormone levels and once they are gone, they are gone.

You can go to the doctor and have a blood test done. Those test are more sensitive and more accurate than a hpt.

Closed Thread