It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 04:11 PM   #1

faithyfaith HB User
6 weeks & scared

last week i found out i was pregnant. also found out that my progesterone level was low (at about 10) but shouldnt be worried b/c im still early.

went into today for my first ultrasound. saw the baby. saw the heart beating. it was amazing!

my dr says im still not out of the woods tho' and once i am past 9 weeks i should be ok. i cannot help but be concerned about how he said my progesterone level was at 10. i looked online and saw many posts that said levels at 10 were unviable pregnancies?

im scared that he didnt test my progesterone level again. why do you think he wouldnt have?

ugh. i just dont even want to know im pregnant now. its too stressful trying not to think my pregnancy wont survive. i am 32 and scared this might be my last chance. i dont remember going to the dr this much in my first trimester with my 1st child?

Please help.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User
Re: 6 weeks & scared

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that If it was an unmedicated cycle then a level of 10 is OK. If it is a medicated cycle they like it to be above a 15. I would still have the doctor check it again and ask for progesterone supplements.
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #3

kristi_p HB User

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I don't know much about the progesterone levels. But it's great you already got to see the baby and the heart beat!!
Just think positive. I now easier said than done.

I am praying everything will be fine. I bet it will!

Good luck and take care!

Married 11/97
#1 DD Alyssa 01/99
#2 DD Amber 12/00
#3 DS Ryan 08/02
#4 EDD 03/20/04

Old 08-05-2004, 04:35 AM   #4

rgc HB User

Faith, I also am recently pg (6 wks) and also have low progesterone. Didn't your dr suggest going on progest. supplements? I would really push him to prescribe you some supplements. And if he says they don't work, don't accept that. Keep pushing. I have done a lot of research since I found out about my low prog. and they do help. Prog. when you are PG should be around 20 (or higher). Mine went from 18 to 11 and dr put me on prometrium. I know what you're going thru because it does make you worry, but since doing my own research I am finding it is apparently not that uncommon of a problem.

Good Luck.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I am SOOOO glad I looked at this!! I am also about 6 wks. And also scared. However, I have not been to my 1st appt yet. I go on the 10th of August. I am going to talk to the doc about prog levels. Boy, am I blind. I didnt even think about that. I am scared because I have a history of miscarriage, and the 1 child that did make it showed up 11 1/2 wks early.
I am praying for all of you......

Old 08-05-2004, 09:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I had low progesterone levels during my last pregnancy and it was very scary. It had taken me 2 years to conceive and the thought of losing the baby horrified me. I had to go into my doctors office twice a day for progesterone injections for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy..............and today I have a happy and healthy 5 year old son! I know of many women that have experienced the same thing. It isn't very uncommon for this to occur. Does your doctor have you on any prog supplements? Best of luck to you and try to avoid the stress. I know that it hard to control during a time like this, but stress is hard enough on an unpregnant body.

Old 08-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #7

faithyfaith HB User

im sooo happy to have heard from all of you! my doctor doesnt feel its necessary for me to retest, however, if it will put my mind at ease, i can go ahead and do so.

i guess having seen the heartbeat, my doctor feels everything is where its supposed to be. the nurse also said, with me feeling as nauseous as i have been, obviously my body is producing enough hormones -- coz its the great amount of hormones that makes you feel that way...

the nurse was also telling me that progesterone supplements are only effective when youre trying to ovulate or within your first couple weeks...after that, its really up to your body or something..and the supplements are of hardly any use since it needed it in the very beginning..
I guess what shes trying to say its really out of your control..?

I rescheduled another blood test, however, Im a little sketchy in doing so.
I think often times too...if you know "too much", youre driving yourself crazy too with the what if's....

I think i might just leave it in God's hands ya know?

I might take the test again..i might not..
so far, im feeling ok with just being able to see the heart beating so strongly in spite of the low level.

we'll see....being pregnant leaves ya moody too so i might feel differently by Monday. :P

Old 08-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #8

faithyfaith HB User

unmedicated meaning i wasnt on fertility drugs to get pregnant?
If so, yes. Its unmedicated.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Hi! Barton93, congratulations on your beautiful, healthy baby. Wishing same for all on these posts!

My family member is 22 and expecting (4 wks along). She's having spotting and urine in her blood. She was told by the ER doc she didn't have enough pregnancy hormone in the blood test and quite possibly may m/c. I don't know what the preg. hormone is that the physician was referring to. Have any of you had any spotting? Urine in blood? And doing okay?

Closed Thread