It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #1

aimyers HB User
Metallic taste

I was wondering how many women have experienced a metallic taste in their mouth while pregnant? At this point I do not know if I am pregnant or not. I am 4 days away from when I think my period should start, so have not tested yet. Had sex at the exact time I would be ovulating, but have not experienced any other symptoms. When I mentioned the taste in my mouth to a girlfriend who has had a baby, she seemed to think I should go get a test pronto. Any thoughts???

Old 08-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Metallic taste

I've heard alot of women get that too.

I however have not experienced it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

I too experience that metallic taste. It's worse when I'm drinking water, I think mainly cause there isn't taste to the water so there is nothing to mask it. I guess it's a possibilty I could be pregnant but I never thought about it actually happening this month. I've never heard about metallic taste being associated with pregnancy. I'm likeing the sound of it though. Anyone else have any ideas about it?

Old 08-10-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
(female)

dolphin27 HB User
Question Re: Metallic taste

I'm bringing this one back to life. I need some feedback please! I have been experiencing the metallic taste off and on for about 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago BD I think at ovulation. I just figured it was a side effect to some meds I was on so I never thought much of it. I stopped the meds temporarily cause they were making my body way too sick. Well it's been 5 days since stopping meds, figured metallic taste would be gone by now if that what it was, now it's worse than ever. I can eat the most flavorfull thing I can think of and it will still taste metallic, everything I eat has a metallic taste. It's so bad that I can't stand the taste of chocolate and trust me I am 100% hormonal woman when it comes to my chocolate. I never really figured of getting prego this cycle and just thought I've been stressing out over everything so I was going to take a cycle to myself and just relax not have anything on my mind. That was until I saw the metallic post. I am not due to start AF for another week, I will wait and see if I start before even buying a test, if I buy it now I'll use it right away. My question for you is: Do you think that 5 days would be long enough for the taste to leave if it was caused by the meds? And also, Ladies who have experienced the metallic taste have you noticed it getting worse before it gets better?
Thanks for any feed back!

Old 08-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

I hope the best for both of you. I have never heard this and didn't experience any metallic taste all when i got pregnant. I wish you the best. I know when your trying it seems like it will never happen.

Closed Thread