It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User
Talking my birth story (LONG)

Brannon Alexander wasn’t Due to Arrive until August 20th and I had no clue that he was going to arrive before that date. In fact I felt he would be late but he obviously thought different lol!
I had been having really bad back ache since the start of July and really wanted my little one to arrive but there was no indication of that happening. I had just dropped Alissa off at her tumble tot class and I was talking to the play leader and guess what…MY WATERS BROKE!!!!

I called my parents as my DH was away on a business trip and had been out of town for the past 3 days. My mum came and took me to the hospital while my dad tried to get in touch with my husband.
We arrived at the hospital, 15 minutes later. Contractions hadn't hit until 5 minutes after I arrived at the hospital, I had to have most of labour in the waiting room because all the labour rooms were filled up that night and I had to wait for one to open up. I just kept thinking, "Great....I'm going to have my baby here in the waiting room!"

Finally I got a labour room! Contractions didn't start getting harder until 3 hours after my water broke. At this point, DH still had not arrived and I was scared that he was going to miss the birth of his Son .My mum was helping me through my Lamaze breathing, helping me through every painful contraction. Oh I forgot to mention....I was having a natural childbirth!

The doctor came in to check my dilation around 9.30......I was at 4 centimetres. About 30 minutes later he checked my again because there was no break in between my contractions. I was now at 8! At this time I was getting scared, 2 more centimetres and I'd be in the delivery room, giving birth to our little miracle.

I was finally at 10!!! They wheeled me into the delivery room. At this moment I wanted Craig to be there but of course he still had not arrived. I started pushing soon after they wheeled me in the delivery room. I kept thinking. "I thought I was supposed to have the urge to push....before you started pushing? I don't have the urge to push....what is this doctor thinking?" I tried different pushing positions and wasn't having any luck. Then the doctor told me, "Stop pushing you're pushing on a closed door....we're going to have to do a c-section." I was thinking, "Oh, great...I can't believe this!" I about cried as they started prepping me. After they got almost everything prepped I had the urge to push beyond belief., I kept pushing anyway...thinking, maybe I wouldn't need a c-section. They wheeled me into the surgery room....of course I'm still pushing. Then the surgeon came in...he walked in saying, "She can push....we don't need a c-section!" I thanked god for this doctor...as they say the lord works in mysterious ways.

After about 30 minutes of pushing our son, Brannon Alexander was finally here at 01.17 a.m. on Sunday August 1st. I cried after I gave that last push and we heard him cry. I was just so happy he was here. Then I felt sad that Dh had missed the whole thing. I was happy to have my mother with me but it wasn’t the same without my husband. Just then he ran through the door. He couldn’t believe he just missed it. But we soon forgot about that and were excited about having our son. We were told he was 19cm long and weighed 6lb 3oz (perfect)

As they wheeled me into the recovery room, my dad came in with Alissa so she could meet her baby brother. She gave him a kiss and my heart just melted. I was physically and mentally tired by this point, but at the same time ...ecstatic that Brannon was finally here and our family has a new addition.

Well that’s my birth story ladies sorry that it is sooooo long. Hope to hear some more from all the August mommies soon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

LouiseM HB User
Re: my birth story (LONG)

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!Congrates

Old 08-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

WOW!!!!! what a great story!!!! a whole 20 days early. i guess your son has things to do! i am glad you are all doing well, congrats, and even more congrats that you didn't have the c-section and did it your way.

best wishes to you and your whole family!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User

Congrats on the birth of your son. I can't wait for my little girl to arrive next week, unfortunately I am having a scedualed C-Section due to the baby being so big. I am so glad you did'nt have to have the section.

Enjoy your little one.
8/11/04 via C-Section
10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 08-05-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User

thank you all for your congrats ladies it means a lot to me

Old 08-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Congratulations hun! I hope you're enjoying your new baby boy!

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 08-05-2004, 11:31 AM   #7

WildSigns HB User

Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you, Allissa must be so happy to be a big sister, I'm sorry your husband missed it, but I'm glad he got there soon after.
take care!!!
Marjorie

Old 08-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User

Kitty, thats a wonderful story. Im so sorry dh wasn't there, however, Im sure he was devastated. At least the baby's healthy and strong and your all going home together. I can't believe within a few weeks all the women we've shared so many of our fears and dreams with will all be new August moms and the chats will end. That feels so sad to me. All going well with my induction tomorrow, Im hoping to be a new mom by this time tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi and CONGRATULATIONS on the safe arrival of your darling son Not sure if you remember me, we were both in the October mummies last year, we both had little girls and I am expecting a son in about 15 weeks but will be induced in about 12.......So I also will have 2 babies close together in age Sorry your hubby couldnt be there but Im sure all the precious times ahead will somehow make up for it....Im so happy for you

Old 08-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #10
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Kitty,

I am so happy for you! We are all wondering what happened to you on the August mommies board. I had a feeling! You are the very first August mommy, yay! I'll bet he is a precious angel - congrats!

Old 08-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Congradulations on you baby boy. May i will get lucky and have my little girl sept. 1. I am due the 20th of Sept. Wouldn't that be funny. I have been feeling so bad lately. Back pain and sharp pains in my belly. They are so uncomfortable. I am so ready to have her Sept 1 would(well maybe a little later that's my annv.)ok with me. Again congrads. I bet he is just presious.

Last edited by brwneyez9; 08-05-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

What a story! Congratulations! I'm so sorry your husband missed it, but it's great that your parents were nearby to be there.

Enjoy your new addition!

Old 08-06-2004, 04:20 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

congrats..on your special delivery

Old 08-06-2004, 06:46 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User

Thank you all for your kind words and congrats.

Haylesmum, I do remember you it is nice to hear from you again and I am gld you are keeping well. good luck for the remainder of your pg and for the future.

All of the August mommies, I will miss being on here to chat to you and share stories and feelings with you all. but I will check in from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. I will be awaiting more birth announcments. good luck to you all and your familes

Old 08-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #15

Beef HB User

CONGRATS to you Kitty, and to Brannon, Alissa, and Mr. Kitty!! I'm so so happy for you -- best wishes for all the wonderful years ahead.

Beef
(due August 31)

Closed Thread