It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #1

TJNCJ HB User
Question How long after I stop takin birth control...

Hi everyone, I am a soon to be 21 yr old female...I was said to have cysts on my ovaries when I was about 12 yrs old, since then I have been on Birth control pills, I want to have a baby so I have not taken them for a few days, How long would it take.. for I guess that to get out of my system and for me to maybe get pregnant, and when is the best time to try and concieve? I do not know much about concieving or the pregnancy or birth but I have raised my 5 yr old nephew from day one and it was the best 5 yrs of my life, his mother had ppd and did not accept him, and still doesn't really..please let me know, thank you so much

Old 08-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: How long after I stop takin birth control...

It just all depends....I missed one pill...with the type I'm on that negates the entire cycle....I got pregnant.

*Shrugs* other people it takes a while....Just depends.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #3

tenarms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJNCJ
Hi everyone, I am a soon to be 21 yr old female...I was said to have cysts on my ovaries when I was about 12 yrs old, since then I have been on Birth control pills, I want to have a baby so I have not taken them for a few days, How long would it take.. for I guess that to get out of my system and for me to maybe get pregnant, and when is the best time to try and concieve? I do not know much about concieving or the pregnancy or birth but I have raised my 5 yr old nephew from day one and it was the best 5 yrs of my life, his mother had ppd and did not accept him, and still doesn't really..please let me know, thank you so much
It depends on your body. Everyone's body doesn't work the same. Some women can get pregnant very quickly after getting off the pill or shot. Some take longer. Do not give up.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

well to be specific, it took me 3 months, and my friend 4 months after stopping the pill
(they reccomend to have about 2 regular periods b4 getting preg.
and it would be a good idea to start taking folic acid now to prevent any birth defects, and some people claim it boosts fertility....800 mcg's (200%) is about hwat you will need

Closed Thread