It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

walflower2 HB User
don't you get tired of hearing....

...you're really starting to show.
...you should/shouldn't eat that.
...you should/shouldn't do that.
and all of the other well meant but sometimes very annoying advise from EVERYONE around! I am just finding it irritating that people are constantly telling me what I should and shouldn't do or commenting on my appearance. There is lady that I work with that feels it is her need to tell me if my butt is getting any bigger. I don't know why it is that people feel that just because your pregnant that means they can say anything they want. There are other people that anytime I do anything they treat me as though I am a 2 year old and start telling me that I can't do it (such as lifting something that is 5 pounds or even bending over to do something- even though I have no restrictions). Anyone else having this and think it is a bit much?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #2

1st timer HB User
Re: don't you get tired of hearing....

YEP - but it's worse now for me... wait until you start hearing...

Are you still here? You should try -

Walking,
Spicy food,
Sex...

That'll bring on labor..... and you hear this from people who have never had children. Obviously, they don't know that a lot of walking (as well as sex) hurts when you're 40 + weeks pregnant... at least it does for me. And spicy food just gives me heartburn, which I get easily enough without eating anything. I know they mean well, but I'm just a little edgy/anxious being 5 days late and NOT progressing AT ALL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Haven't gotten the first yet. The other two....I wanted some chocolate....(not alot...but I'm a choclate freak I can't just quit cold turkey) So I told my mom I might bake something and she's like 'ya know you really shouldn't eat that.....' BITE ME....LOL

DH and I moved...So his parents and one of his sisters came up to make sure I did NOT move a thing.....when DH brought stuff up I'd unpack the box...MIL 'You really shouldn't do that.' Gee who else will then? Ugh...not like I was lifting alot...

Old 08-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I am just about 3 months along and already I have people telling me not to eat this or not to drink that. My brother yelled at me thinking I had moved a queen size mattress set into another room. It's crazy. I think everyone else is crazy when someone is pregnant. It's not me at all. I just wanted to strangle my boyfriends grandmother. She said i shouldn't eat a donut cause it's bad for me when she's the one who offered it to me in the first place. Crazy I tell you.

Closed Thread