It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Discomfort questions

I am almost 34 weeks and i am experiencing some pain in my belly. I just had a doctors appointment yesterday. I told him about these pain and he seemed to think they where contractions. That i would experience this probably until i have her. If anything changes to call him. I don't think he understood my concern. Anyway sometime i have pain high in my belly like closer to my ribs. Lately i have been having some sharp stabbing pains in my lower belly sometimes on the left,but mainly on the right side. This concerns me. I don't want anything to be wrong. sorry about this a little TMI. The discharge thing. I guess i thought during pregnancy that was normal. My doctor said he needed to be informed if it was mucous like. I have have been having some white muscous like discharge off and on. Sorry about the TMI, but i am confused. So i hate to be one of those pt's who bother there doctor all the time. I have called alot during this pregnancy. This is my first baby and i have no clue what is normal what is not. It seems like everytime i have called with a concern it really isn't anything to worry about. So i don't know if i should call and rexplain the pain i am having and the discharge. I feel stupid i just saw him yesterday. I really feel like i just need to let him to what he has to and then go. He always seems the he just wants to get me out of the office so he can finish the other pt. i don' t feel like i can sit there and talk with him about the concerns i am having and him really listen to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User
Re: Discomfort questions

Hi, dont worry about the white discharge, thats perfectly normal and does get heavier towards the end. I thought I had a yeast infection, but my doctor said its very normal, as long as its not blood tinged and is white. I believe greenish would indicate infection. As for the sharp pains, at 34 weeks your baby is starting to grow like a week, just getting fatter and fatter now. I believe its stretching pains and they can stop you in your tracts. Try a pregnancy belt. Any medical supply store or maybe even WalMart may have them. They're around $25 and support your belly and back and take a lot of the pressure off you. As for talking with your doctor, trust me, your insurance is paying him well....if you have lots of questions, you sit there until they're answered. I used to put all my questions on a sticky note and my doctor just got used to me, so when he'd walk into the room and start doing his usual examinations, he'd say, ok, what questions for today, so by the time he'd finish all questions would be answered. What you can do too is, all doctors have a nurse, just call her....they're very helpful and informative. Im 39 weeks now, and 10 days ago started into slow labor. What amazed me was true labor pains actually felt like gas pains. They were extremely low down almost like they were right on top of my cervix, lower then my lower belly. The nurse laughted when I told her it was gas pains, she said, when we hear that we know its true labor. You will experience quite a lot of aches and pains for the next few weeks, extreme pressure, even heavier discharge. Drink tons of water, that really helps and does void off premature labor.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Thanks for your information. I am getting more and more worried the closer it gets. I am scared that something is going to happen to her. I really wouldn't be able to handle that. So everytime a new pain comes it really worries me. These pains are becoming constent and are in my back now to.

Old 08-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I am sure everything will be fine. I understand your worries. But, even if you had her early, she would be fine. My son decided he wanted out at only 28 1/2 weeks - and he was okay. He was small, but he was healthy. I understand what you mean about the doctor thing. The doctor I went to with my last pregnancy was just like that. Im sure he didnt listen to a word I said. I felt he wanted to just see me, then move onto the next person - and I was calling constantly. I am sure they were sick of me. I would ask questions, voice my concerns and my worries, and he would just cut me off and be rude. Finally, he caught me on the wrong day - I went in right around my 27th wk, I was in a bit of pain. I was getting really scared. He told me that I just simply worry over 'nothing'. I went off on him, and left the office. I immediately walked into another dr office in the same building, told them what happened, and found myself a new doctor. GRRR, that made me mad. Some doctors just have terrible bedside manners. Soon, you will be rid of him.

Try not to worry too much, although I know it is easier said than done. You will be fine as will your precious baby. I am certain.

Keep us posted okay?

Closed Thread