It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
Ectopic?

Hey ladies.
I have a question for you. I am 7 wks pregnant. I am beyond scared about it, because I dont wanna lose another one. Yesterday, I had some slight twinge feelings down in my lower abdomen. This morning, I got woke up to pee (sorry, TMI) and had a litttle bit of brownish discharge. This book I have said that a symptom of ectopic pregnancy is brown discharge.
Do you think I am just freaking out over nothing??????????????? I havent even been to my first appointment yet. My first appointment is Aug 10 (this Tuesday). Should I go to the ER?
I am still nausious (did I spell that right?), still tired as heck.......

Any advice you have would be great.

Thanks.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: Ectopic?

the same exact thing happened to me. i mean EXACT. brown blood is old blood. i know they say that about an ectopic BUT if you are not having a fever or pain in one side or another i would think that it would be safe to wiat until tuesday (my appt is the same day!) however, they say that when you see any kind of spotting to call your doctor. good luck hun, i know how stressfull it can be.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I don't think there is any reason to think that it is ectopic. Lots of women have spotting early in the pregnancy, and especially if it's brown, it shouldn't be a problem. Also I could be wrong, but I think if it was ectopic, you would know before 7 weeks. If you start to have any pain, DEFINITELY go to the doctor, or the emergency room, but otherwise I think the spotting is normal.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #4

sallyko HB User

I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago. First i got a BFP and was happy. Then I had a spotting a few days then i got a heavy bleeding like we get during menses, then spotting again, almost 2 weeks and i had lots of crampings and sharp abdominal pain. I was charting my bbt and my temps went down. I went to doctor when bleeding and they couldn't find the baby in the uterus and i had ultrasound twice, blood work 3 times, the hormone HCG was going down, but they couldn't understand what was wrong. Before having next ultrasound I woke up with a severe pain in my low abdomen, so i couldn't stand up straight, couldn't walk and my dh took me to ER since it was Sunday. I had an ultrasound there and they found a baby implanted in my fallopian tube, the baby was 6 weeks. So I had a surgery next day. They said I could have died, because the tubal pregnancy doesn't last longer than 8 weeks if I'm not mistaken. Sometimes it's hard to detect.
Symptoms of Ectopic Pregnancy:
symptoms of early pregnancy
spotting after first missed period
cramping after first missed period
pain or pelvic pressure
ultimately, severe uterine bleeding or hemorrhage

Old 08-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Ladies, you are the best!!!

I got scared and called an on-call dr at my dr office. He said to just go to the ER if I really wanted to. So, I did. My HCG levels were just fine. Dr did an exam "down there" and said everything looked fine. They gave me a catheter (ouch!) to fill up my bladder and I had an ultrasound to rule out ectopic. Not ectopic, thank goodness. Then I got a transvaginal u/s. The person doing it showed me the sac and yolk, and the little thing which was supposed to be the 'baby', and there was this slight little white flashing type thing, that she said looked like the beginning of the heartbeat. They measured me to be only about 6 weeks, not the 7 that I thought.
Dr said that everything really looks 'okay' but that with my history of miscarriage that it could be my body telling me to let it go. But, now I have to play the waiting game.
As far as pain goes.....I have had these little pinching type pains, mostly on my left side in that area. Not like cramp pains, or miscarriage pain. The doc said that maybe it was just diggin itself in really good for a nice long vacation. My 6year old did that too. So, I am really hoping that everyhing will be okay. I am supposed to go to the dr on Tuesday. Im nervous, but hopeful.

Thank you so much ladies....Again, you are the best!!!

NYXIN......lemme know how it goes...that is cool that we are going on the same day!!!

Last edited by Zayazmama; 08-08-2004 at 08:00 PM. Reason: oopsy

Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 PM   #6

halfunitmcso HB User

I relate to the cramping that you're having. I've been having some too. I have tried not to let it concern me, due to this being my first pregnancy, however hearing that you have the same things make me feel a little more hopeful!!

The crazy thing is, my first doctor's appointment is tomorrow (Aug 10). Maybe we will all have great new to add tomorrow evening!!!

Closed Thread