It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 08:06 PM   #1

hollyann2487 HB User
Question late on period

Hi, I am a 16 year old. I am 3 weeks to this day late on my period. I have been going through a lot of stress through a break up and all (i know i'm just 16) I had sexual intercourse the beginning of June, had my period by the 19th and it lasted only 2 days and it was more like spotting. I didn't take my birth control completley right, I was suppossed to have my period by July 19th and it's now August 8th...I took a home pregnancy test and it came out as i wasn't pregnant...BUT i did my business in the cup and then dipped the stick into it well i didn't wait for the thing to flash and tell me it was ready and so i re did it with the same stick. Could that not be saying the truth? Could just stress be the problem?? or do you really think I might be pregnant? I'm going to the ob/gyn docter for my yearly exam and so i'm going to get a pregnancy test...but i'm wanting to know now! please help me!

Old 08-08-2004, 08:14 PM   #2

lil miss HB User
Re: late on period

its not likely that you putting the stick in again would affect the result, it may be that you are worrying so much you are delaying your period so yes it can be stress! but as you said that you didnt take your birth control correctly you should wait untill you have another test to completly rule it out, there is unfortunatly no other way to tell imediatly unless you do another test

i wish you all the best let us kow how you get on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 AM   #3
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User

At 16 years old it is possible that your menstral cycles maybe irregular, or the fact that you were not taking your birth control pills right might have messed up you cycle. Do you have any children already? I was really surprised to see that you go for yearly gyn appointments being that your so young. Have you ever had irregular periods in the past? If your doctors appointment is not for a few days you can always ease your mind and take another hpt. It should be pretty accurate at three weeks late.

Good Luck and try not to worry.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Well, the first mistake was reusing the pregnancy test. Reusing it will not change the result, as previously posted. However, stress can cause the delay of your period, most definetly. As well as can missing a birth control pill here and there - not taking them regularly.

I hate to say it, but anything is possible. I would either get new HPT and follow the instructions to the word, or try to get into the doctor asap and have them test you. Either way, you need to know.

I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by Zayazmama; 08-09-2004 at 04:29 AM.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:35 PM   #5

tenarms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyann2487
Hi, I am a 16 year old. I am 3 weeks to this day late on my period. I have been going through a lot of stress through a break up and all (i know i'm just 16) I had sexual intercourse the beginning of June, had my period by the 19th and it lasted only 2 days and it was more like spotting. I didn't take my birth control completley right, I was suppossed to have my period by July 19th and it's now August 8th...I took a home pregnancy test and it came out as i wasn't pregnant...BUT i did my business in the cup and then dipped the stick into it well i didn't wait for the thing to flash and tell me it was ready and so i re did it with the same stick. Could that not be saying the truth? Could just stress be the problem?? or do you really think I might be pregnant? I'm going to the ob/gyn docter for my yearly exam and so i'm going to get a pregnancy test...but i'm wanting to know now! please help me!
It is probably too early for a home pregnancy test. Some pregnancy tests are more sensative than others. First response can tell you if you are pregnant up to four weeks after your missed period. Wait another week and then take a first response pregnancy test( you can get three in a box- they can be faulty)as soon as you get out of bed(you have more hormone in the morning). If there are two lines(even if one is faint) then you are more than likely pregnant and need to see a doctor. Negative test results don't always mean you aren't pregnant either.

Closed Thread